Zoe

Our first day had been a success and I woke the next morning feeling excited for what the day might bring. We had agreed to have another lazy day , maybe a chilled walk along the beach and then dinner later. Jack had messaged me saying they were having an amazing time and wouldn't be here until very late this evening, possibly even early morning as they still had a couple of compulsory bits to shoot for Louis' video. He popped a little sad face at the end but I couldn't help but feel a bit pushed to the side. Whilst I was OK with I'm arriving later and doing the video, it was originally supposed to last until lunchtime today. Now I would spending another day without him. My boyfriend.

Strangely enough though, I relished the idea of spending more time without him, as he could be a bit stifling and I felt I always had to look over my shoulder to make sure he wasn't listening in or watching me. Not that I ever did or said anything wrong. But, I dunno. I just liked to be a bit freer.

It also meant I didn't have to feel guilty about talking to Alfie under Jack's watchful, jealous eyes. Although, lately I had been feeling guilty while talking to him, as every time we spoke I had butterflies or I felt tingles down my spine. And while it still confused me, I was starting to accept that it was maybe because I was developing new feelings for him..

I shook this though out my head and plaited my hair into one long side-braid, preparing for another day. I left my face completely make-up free, knowing that I would be putting lots on for dinner this evening, and my skin needed a break. However, I did apply factor 25 sunscreen all over my face and body, to protect it from the formidable Californian sun. Throwing on a black bikini and white shirt-dress, I made my way to the kitchen. Marcus, Alfie, Joe and Caspar and Jim were all slumped into the large sofas, all on their phones.
"Good morning you sociable people," I announced, drifting over to them and perching next to Joe.
"Morning," they all grunted back.
"Where's the girls?" I asked.
"They're outside. They're trying to blow up some inflatables," Caspar explained pointing through the floor to ceiling glass doors. I followed his finger and saw Louise and Tan grappling to blow them up. Louise was looking gorgeous in a navy polka dot tankini, and Tanya wore a green bikini with a palm tree pattern. It was clearly already warm enough for just swimsuits. Excellent.

I noticed Alfie had barely looked at me the whole time I had been there and my heart sunk. Had I done something wrong? He was quiet last night as well, come to think of it but I'd presumed he was maybe just tired. Maybe he and Kimmi were still arguing? I scorned her in my head. The way I had seen it, she had caused him nothing but trouble while all he'd done was treat her like a queen. He deserved so much more I thought, looking at him on his phone, face concentrating, little curly spruces of dark hair coiling out from under his beanie.

I had a small throat clearance to my right and spotted Marcus looking at me. He made a face as if to say "why are you looking at Alfie like that?" I blushed and very slightly shook my head, so lightly I'm not even sure Marcus would have noticed. He raised his eyebrows, looking between me and Alfie and I turned a redder shade, making my way out to the girls.

I was right. It was warm, although the sun wasn't yet at radiating proportions. The completely clear sky indicated it soon would be. I breathed in deeply, looking out across the gorgeous ocean, mere metres from me. Focus on the good, Zoe.
"Hey babe!" I heard Tanya call, reminding me of two of the good things in front of me.
"Morning Tan, Chummy," I called, making my way over.
"Help us with these will you?" Louise pleaded. "I think I've nearly died twice from using up all my oxygen."
"I thought the boys would've helped with this," I said, taking a newly opened inflatable in the shape of a killer whale and spreading it out flat. "Some gentleman they are!"
"Oh yeah! I'll get Jim!" Tanya said. Then she screamed "JIMMMMM!"
The patio doors slid open. "Yes honey?" he called.
"I want you to help us blow these up!" she shouted and I giggled at her. Tanya could say things in such a funny way sometimes, without realising she was doing.
"I want the world. I want the WHOLE world!" Jim began singing the lines from the famous Charlie and the Chocolate factory song, as he made his way over to us.
"Jim!!" she moaned.
"I always sing this to Tan when she's being needy," Jim explained making us all laugh. He grabbed an inflatable and began puffing wildly. Soon they'd be ready and we could have another day of fun around and in the pool.