Alfie

"ALFIE OVER HERE!!"
"ALFIE I LOVE YOU!!"
"WILL YOU MARRY ME, ALFIE??!!"

I chuckled as we walked swiftly down past the queues and queues of people, predominantly girls, gently pulling my jeans up as I went. It was the first day of Vidcon and my first meet up, which I was doing with Marcus as well. It was warm and I slightly regretted my outfit choice: skinny dark black jeans with ripped knees, a white t-shirt and a checked open front shirt over the top. I wiggled my necklace so the clasp stayed at the back and ruffled up my hair, as we continued down the aisle. I gave people waves and thumbs up as we passed. It felt so strange looking round and seeing girls sobbing and screaming. I mean, it was just me and Marbob. We really weren't that special!

A few hours passed and we posed for photos, had quick chats and signed lots of different things. One sweet girl came up to me and threw herself into my arms. I laughed. "Hey lovely," I said, noticing her deep sobs into my chest. She pulled away and looked at me, a huge smile on her face.
"I can't believe I've finally met you!" she blurted out wiping her face furiously.
"I'm glad to meet you too! Thanks so much for all your support," I said genuinely, loving meeting people who had clearly followed me from the beginning. She burrowed into her bag and pulled out a tube. Popping off the top she gently eased out a roll of paper.
"I made this for you," she said shyly, passing it to me.
"Thank you so much," I beamed unravelling the paper. On it was a really amazing drawing of me and Zoe. Like, this girl was seriously talented. In it we were holding hands and underneath it was written "Zalfie" in posh calligraphy.
"I'm sorry if you don't like it. I know you and Zoe aren't together. I just find you both really cute and thought you'd like it, seeing as you're such close friends!" she explained hurriedly.
"You're right, we're not together," I say, and her face falls. "But I love it anyway," I smiled and she broke out into her own grin.

__________________________________
"Let's have a look at your stuff then," Marcus said. We were back in our room after a long day and he was being nosey, rifling through my gifts from the day. He had his own pile but took greater pleasure in snooping through mine.
"Do whatever you want man, I'm trying to Skype Kim," I said, cursing at the hotel Wifi. You'd have thought at a YouTube convention hotel the Wifi would be good?!

After a few goes at connecting it worked and I was pressing her name. After a few moments her face popped up on the screen. She looked gorgeous and I couldn't help but grin at her.
"Hi Alfie!" she said, smiling back.
"Hey gorgeous," I said, hearing Marcus mock vomit in the background.
"Oh, hey Marcus," she called.
"Hello snugglekins!" he cooed back mocking us. Kimmi raised her eyebrows.
"Ignore him, he's being a DICK," I raised my voice behind me. In the screen I could see him rifling through my gifts. Such a nosey git.

"Have you had a good day?" I asked her.
"Yeah thanks it's quite late now though. Time difference, remember?" she said, stifling a yawn. "Have you?"
"Yeah great thanks! Had a meet up with Marcus."
"Oh yeah. Lots of girls there?"
I was about to open my mouth and say yes, but none like her, when Marcus interjected "yeah and they were ALL OVER him like a rash, Kimmi." He was such a wind up merchant.
"Shut up, you," she teased. "I'm counting on you to keep your eye on him."
"Don't count on me, I'm not his babysitter," Marcus replied. "Oh this is AMAZING!" He was unravelling a piece of paper.
"What is?" Kimmi asked. In the screen behind me I could see what Marcus was
holding.
"N..nothing," I stuttered trying to move my laptop but Marcus was next to me.
"This!" he said, holding the Zalfie poster up to the camera. "Clearly it's not the other girls you need to be worrying about," he teased, laughing. Little did he know what he had done.

Kimmi's face turned stormy. "Babe, ignore him," I managed a weak laugh. "He's being stupid." Silence. "Babe?"
"Hmm. If he won't keep an eye on you, then maybe I will need to," she huffed and with that I heard the disconnections jingle.

What? How was she going to do that? I was so confused.

I glared at Marcus who looked sheepish.
"I'll just put this back then," he said, rolling up the picture and slotting it back in its tube. "Yeah you do that," I said sharply. I exhaled.

Why did she have to be so jealous all the time? Why couldn't she just be like...

Why couldn't she just be like Zoe?