Marcus

Thought I'd change it up and have a bit of Marky-Butt-Butt narrating instead 😉 do you prefer having different narrators? Let me know!

I'd seen the way Zoe had looked at Alfie and I recognised it instantly as something different. It was the way I looked at Niomi. The way Jim and Tan looked at each other. More importantly, it was the way Alfie had looked at Zoe yesterday by the pool.

I knew Alfie liked Zoe- heck, more than liked. Even though we hadn't talked about it as such, I knew him so well and he knew I knew. So seeing Zoe looking at him this morning made me even more excited. Having been with the same girl for over six years, I knew girl talk and girl body language. It was obvious. Zoe liked Alfie too. The question was, what did I do now?

Zoe was with Jack. From the outside they were just fine. Judging by their social media they were living perfect lives. But I'd always had a sense that there was something missing with them. And as for Kimmi and Alfie, well. I had started off really liking her and we'd got on well. Plus, it was clear how much Alfie doted on her. But as time has gone on that's my issue; Alfie dotes on her. She never dotes on Alfie. She's needy, over protective, has fallen out with Zoe and a few other girls. She's generally just turned into a bit of a nightmare. Yet, Alfie can't seem to see it.

So do I tell Alfie about my discovery? Do I risk the very slim chance that I may have read the signals wrong? Do I risk breaking up not one, but two relationships? I glanced across at Alfie, who was resting his chin in his hand, staring out the doors at Zoe, who was stood laughing and fighting with Jim with her inflatable.

Yes, I had to tell him.