Zoe

I couldn't explain how I felt. I couldn't let on how I was feeling, I think everyone realised something was wrong when I snappily suggested we should go straight up to check-in instead of hanging around. As Jack and I were last to arrive, everyone agreed, but they sensed all was not well.

"Are you OK Chummy?" Louise asked, holding my arm gently.
"I'd rather not talk about it," I replied, looking straight ahead. The more I discussed it, the worse it got. Louise understood and moved away, instead speaking to Marcus about something.

I didn't really make eye contact with anyone. I hadn't even said hello to Alfie, who I could see watching me cautiously out the corner of my eye. I didn't want to explain. To be honest, I just wanted to GET OUT OF THERE.

I managed to get through check-in and even through security, although everything was a blur. It was once I got through security and into the main departure lounge that my heartbeat suddenly picked up speed. I reached out my arm to grab onto someone who wasn't there. My breathing quickened and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest, hand over my mouth stopping me from speaking.
"Zoe..." I heard someone say, I think it was Marcus. "Are you OK?"

At this point everyone's eyes were fixed on me, which made it worse. I gasped for air a few times, unable to take any in. Tears began falling from my cheeks without warning, coursing down my face. My vision blurred. I could barely feel the ground beneath me. I felt truly, truly panicked. I was going to die.