29: Candles

A/n
Is this a late update? I'm not sure.
I don't have a scheduled time. I'm at some kind of party and I'm writing this chapter here.
_____________________

"T-Tie? What- what is this?" I asked not even making an attempt to hide the smile I had on my face.

Tie smiled my way and walked towards me holding a red rose.

Before he got to me, I looked around the rooftop. It was, beautiful! There were candles on the ground making some kind of formation and no, it wasn't lit. But I mean, this is so sweet! I just can't.

"Did you feel lonely?" Tie asked when he got to me. He was close. So close that in fact I could feel his breath on my cheek.

I scoffed, still smiling. "Nope," I teased.

Tie chuckled. "Uh-huh."

"Uh huh," I mocked.

"Anyways getting straight to the point," he took my hand in his before dragging me towards a ladder and up the roof of the door I exited to earlier.

"Are you going to push me off?" I asked as I got up the ladder. "Because I swear, if I'm going down, you are too."

Tie simply chuckled and shook his head before climbing up the ladder and propping himself beside me.

"So do you mind telling me what we're doing here? We're late for the ball you know," I pointed out.

"Look down and you'll see why," Tie whispered.

I looked down and this time, the candles were now weirdly lit and now I could see what it formed.

'Will you go to the ball with me?'

I grinned at Tie and smiled before hugging him without thinking. See! This is the power of love! I mean--like.

He went through all this trouble just for me. Was that why he was gone for a long time?

But there's still a question here.

Why?

"Why?" I asked still not releasing Tie from my arms. I didn't want to and I don't intend to. It just felt wrongly right. You know what I mean?

"What do you mean?"

"Why go through all this trouble knowing that we're fake?"

*Tie's POV*

"Why go through all this trouble knowing that we're fake?" She asked.

I hugged her back showing my affection for her. I hear her take a sharp intake of breath. "Because I think I'm falling."

"What?" She asked confusion in her voice.

"I said, I think I'm falling! Your pushing me," I repeated.

I lie pretty smoothly. But of course that was not what I meant. Meaning, I do. I do like her. I like everything of hers. Her fiesty attitude towards me. How she acts shyly towards others. I mostly like how I'm being treated differently. But, what really is troubling me is her, always changing identities.

She can't fool me. I know that they're the same people. Judging from their name, same pink kissable lips, their attitude everything I know about Sahara is also what I see in Sarah.