33: Rot

A/n
I feel so freaking bad for this very late update! I'm so sorry!
___________________

"We have to hurry," I told Antonia and Tie who were helping me with packing my things and of course hers.

We're checking in a hotel as of now. My father and us can play hide and seek; they'll be the seekers, and we'll be the hiders.

Yes. Tie is coming with us. As much as I don't want him to get involved, since he's seen our situation, I know my dad will look for him and with no hesitation, kill him like he did to mom and I don't want history to replay itself again. I don't want another person that is close to me die again.

Tie's stuff is already in his car and now he's helping us pack.

I took the biggest suitcase in my closet and Antonia took her own. I took random clothes and--

As I was looking down to pick one of my lotions, my glasses fell on the ground, with the lenses breaking into pieces.

Just great. This had to be the time.

I carefully walked over to Tie and asked him to get my lenses over in the bathroom under the sink and he nodded.

"Thanks," I told him when he handed it to me.

I took my left lense and placed it on my left eye and did the same on my other one.

We continued packing and when done, we drove over to the hotel as quickly as possible, and making sure no one was following.

-
-
-

"Oh my God! It's Sarah and Tie!!!" A crowd rushed over to us, figuratively popping our personal bubble.

There were flashes here and there and it blinded my eyes. It was so loud.

Me, Tie and Antonia ran to the lobby and the receptionist for our room key.

"Sorry Miss Sarah, we don't see your name booked in here," said the receptionist, constantly sneaking glances at Tie whose arm was around my shoulder.

Ok. You know what, I'll risk everything. Our life's in danger and I can't put my career first before our lives.

"Look here, don't you think that Sahara Bridgers and Sarah Bridges sound similar?" I asked her. Not waiting for a response, I continued. "Well I'm the same person so give me the damn keys to my room or else--"
I was cut off by Tie continuing for me.

"Or else she won't hesitate to ask the manager to fire you."

I smiled greatfully at Tie who looked surprised at my and Tie's outburst and quickly took the key.

"Enjoy your stay," she finally huffed as she handed the key to me.

"Thank you."

We made out way to the second floor in comfortable silence.

"Ugh, I hate being on the run," my sister groaned as she belly flopped on the bed, when we got in our assigned room.

"But, you have to agree with me, it's better than to be on the run than being captured," I said emphasizing the word 'capture'. "You pathetic butt."

"Why you gotta be so ruuudeee!" My sister sang.

Tie chuckled at our childishness before laying down on the other bed, turning the TV on and placing his hand behind his back looking really relaxed.

I know. You must be wondering why we're so chill. Well that's because we don't wanna think about that monster. Even though the back of my mind is crazily panicking.

I laid down beside my sister and sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"We should stick together in the meantime," I told them.

They both turned their heads toward me with their eyebrows up, telling me to elaborate.

"Well, what I'm trying to say is, if the person has to go in the lobby or even outside the hotel, we must go with that person."

Tie smirked mischievously. "Even when you're taking a bath?"

I rolled my eyes at his cheekyness? "No Tie, that's not what I meant. Why do you have to be a pervert at such a bad time?" I groaned.

Antonia elbowed me on the ribs and said, "Why don't you both shut the crap up and let me sleep? Sound good?"

"Whatever."

I rolled my eyes before closing them before allowing the dark to swallow me whole.

-
-
-

A loud crash coming from a door awoke me. I coughed.

I opened my eyes and all I see is.... smoke?!

Holy!

I sprang to my feet in alert and luckily saw my sister and Tie soundly sleeping from all the chaos.

I could here voices just down the hall with a bang coming right after. What the actual hell is going on here?!

I got into action and started waking the two up.

They both groaned.

"What's so important that you have to ruin my beauty sleep?" Antonia asked in annoyance.

"I think dad found us," I said.

"Holy we gotta get outta here!" Tie yelled.

Right after he said that, there was a bang on our door.

"Sahara! I know own you're in there, come out here and don't be a coward, you spoiled brat!" A voice yelled from the other side. Specifically my dad's.

My eyes widened. "Quick Tie! Let's block the entrance!" I yelled then turned to Antonia who seemed to be frozen in place. "Antonia, you're the one who attended the girl scout, you should know how to tie knots using all the bed sheets!"

Not waiting for her response, I hurriedly helped Tie cover the door.

After a few minutes of huffing and puffing, we finally blocked the entrance.

I looked back to see Antonia almost done too.

"What do you plan on doing once I finish?"

"We're at the second floor for goodness sake! We have to use that as a rope to get down from the window!"

Antonia nodded and finally, she finished the last knot.

Tie tied the end of the bedsheets/rope to the bed's feet and we quickly climbed down one by one. I had to admit, I had to hesitate going down that rope. It was higher than I expected.

"Sahara, come on! We have to go!" Tie yelled as he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the car.

As we drove away, I turned to look at the hotel. People were running out and people that were masked were outside with guns. They're probably dad's acquaintances. Those butt holes.
This is unforgivable. Did they really have to destruct the whole hotel just to find me? Speaking of, how did they know we were there?!

"Shoot!" Tie yelled just as the car drove on the hotel's garden.

"What just happened?" I asked truthfully.

"They shot our tire!" Antonia frantically answered.

Oh good God.

"How?" I asked.

"They used their guns, duh," my sister rolled her eyes.

"Obviously, but what I mean is why this car? There are like, other cars to shoot, then why this one?"

"Either he saw us or my car looks like yours," Tie answered.

We all were about to leave the car when a man in a mask came and pointed a gun towards us.

My heart made a thump.

Am I gonna die today? Oh please no. Just, nuh-uh. I ain't gonna die today.
I wanna see my own dad rot in the prison.