Chapter 1

The score is 3-3, since this is tryouts it's crucial for my team to win. It's now or never.

I line up at the center of the soccer field and wait for the coach to blow her whistle. When she blows it I pass the ball to my right wing. She takes the ball and makes her way up the field. I follow closely behind, making sure I don't get off sides.

"Jill pass the ball here!" I scream as she starts to get crowded by defenders. She looks and sees that I'm open so she passes me the ball.

I run straight for the net, it's just me and the goalie. I analyze every open spot on the net where I can shoot, I choose the top right corner. I bring my foot back and kick the ball with a perfect spin so that way it curves over the goalies head and into the net.

"GOAL!" All the girls on my scrimmage team cheer. They rush over to me we all celebrate our win together. Although winning doesn't guarantee a spot on the team, it sure makes everyone on the winning team look better.

Coach Shelly blows her whistle and gathers all the girls.

"Okay Ladies, this was only day one for tryouts. You still have a few more days before the team is made so make sure you work hard and show me what you got. Go home, rest up, and get ready for tomorrow. See you then." she says. Then she dismisses us.

I walk over to my bag and pull out my water. I down almost the whole bottle when someone interrupts my drinking.

"Wow good job out there Ev, you got the winning point thingy for your team." I look up and see Rosie. I laugh at her.

"It's a goal Rosie, not a point thingy." She sticks her tongue out at me.

"You know you could just say thank you instead of correcting me." I smirk and pick up my soccer bag.

"Oh but that wouldn't be nearly as fun." She rolls her eyes.

"If you keep being mean I won't drive you back to the pack house." She says. Ugh, damn she pulls this trick all the time, since I don't have time to get my license, she is my only ride anywhere.

"Fine, I'm sorry. Is that better?" I say with a hint of sass in my voice. She rolls her eyes.

"I suppose that will do."

We make our way to her little Honda Civic. We call him José because he's a sexy little car.

"Ralf wanted to have a movie night tonight with everyone. Are you down for that?" She says as we get into her car.

"Of course he wants to. By everyone does he mean everyone?" I say and emphasis everyone. I hear Rose laugh.

"Yea he means everyone." I roll my eyes as she brings the car to life.

"He only wants to hang out with everyone so he has an excuse to flirt with Tanya! Why can't they just get over it or hook up already?" I say frustratedly.

I mean Ralf is a sweetheart don't get me wrong, but he's trying so hard to become a player. It just doesn't fit his personality.

"I know, their flirting is starting to sicken me. In other news though, I'm taking you on a shopping spree to help me pick out clothing!" she says enthusiastically. My eyes go wide and I stare at her horrifyingly.

"No! No, no, no, no, no! I will not go on another one of your shopping sprees. You realize that I hate shopping?" I yell at her. I see her frown and she turns to me, her blonde curls getting tossed to the side.

"I'm sorry, who drives you everywhere Evelyn? Oh right, me! So if I ask you to come in one simple shopping spree, it shouldn't be that big of a task!" she says. I sigh.