Chapter 27

"Gavin!" I shout worriedly as I throw on the t-shirt he gave me. He turns to me and tells me to shush a little.

"What?" he whispers. I laugh quietly. It's funny to see him try to sneak around and be quiet.

"We left the horses in the woods..." I say and sit on his bed. "Will they be okay?" I ask.

He's standing in the bathroom trying to wipe off all the blood with a towel. I see him flinch as the wet cloth skims over the huge cut on his chest.

"Yeah they will be fine. I will inform one of the stable managers that they are there. Don't worry, I didn't forget." He says. He accidentally touches the huge gash on his chest again. "Shit." he hisses quietly. I giggle. I mean it's not funny but it kind of is...

I jump off of the bed and join him in the bathroom. I grab the cloth in his hand.

"Gavin let me do it." I say. He gives me a worried look and I laugh. He looks like I just asked him to jump off the Empire State Building. "I won't hurt you more than you've already hurt yourself." I say with an encouraging smile.

"That makes me feel better..." He says with a roll of his eyes. I let out another laugh, I don't know why this is so funny to me.

He finally allows me to take the cloth. I slowly dab the bloodied area around the deep cut.

When I look at it closly, I see it's a lot deeper than I assumed it was... This must have been Froam's doing. He was the only one to fully lay a hand on Gavin. The other rogues just nicked him up a little.

"Do you have any ointment in here?" I ask. He shakes his head. "How about any gauzes or bandages?"

"I don't think so but let me check." He pulls away from me and checks the cabinet. He takes out a box of large bandages. "This is all they have in here." I grab it from him and look at it. I sigh.

"We can work with this I guess..." Then I turn to him. "This is probably going to sting." He gives me a weird look and I place the damp towel on his cut to try to disinfect it as much as possible. He flinches for a moment, but all in all he does a very good job of sitting still.

After I dab it for a little while I unwrap about five bandages. I line them up and place them so that they are covering his cut, It sucks though, because these are the bandages with the gauze in the middle and the sticky parts on the edge. So, I have to cut off the sticky parts on two of the sides so that way it doesn't touch his cut. So much work for a makeshift bandage. I sigh in relief when I'm done, he did a good job of not flinching though.

"It's a good thing you're a werewolf and you heal quicker than humans, because my bandage kind of sucks." I say as I slowly slide my hand down the side of my bandage. Then I look up into his eyes. "How?" I ask. "How did you manage to beat Froam?"

He gazes at me for a moment then smirks and says, "Why, were you worried about me?" I roll my eyes and smile.

"Of course I was worried. But seriously, how Gavin?" I ask.

He sighs. "Froam taught me everything I know about battling. He knows my fighting strategy so well because it's his fighting strategy. So I had to think of a way to beat him in a way I wouldn't normally fight."

He looks in the mirror and examines the bandage. I follow his eyes. I glance at the cut but then my eyes trail down to his abs. What? I can't resist, if you saw this boy you wouldn't be able to either!

"I figured the only way to catch him off guard was to get him to think that he won." My eyes snap up to his face and I see he's still looking at his cut. Good, he didn't catch me looking at him...