Chapter 20

It's been about a week since the whole Fiona fiasco. I've healed up nicely since then and my bruises are all gone. I feel kind of bad for treating Gavin like that... I was just so angry about him and Fiona, that I unleashed my anger on him... I even went as far as to tell him about Jason thinking we are mates.

School has been weird. Gavin has been avoiding talking to me. Tori tries to make it less awkward for us in Anatomy, but it just makes things more awkward. Like a few days ago, she noticed the tension between Gavin and me so when the teacher told us to pick groups of two, she figured it would be best for us to talk out our problems so she forced us to work together.

Lets just say Gavin and I failed that lab because we didn't talk once. Maybe I should apologize... It's just so hard admitting that I was wrong.

On the bright side of things. Kari and the babies are coming home from the hospital in a couple of hours. I will be joining Bryce in the process of moving them back here. I can't wait, I need some form of good news in my life. Having those two little bundles of joy in the pack house will surely brighten my mood.

"Evelyn could you and Jason come help me with these cribs? I have no idea how they work..." Bryce says as he pops his head into the game room. I smile and pause Mario Kart.

"Of course Bryce." I turn to Jason. "Come on!" I say excitedly. I reach down and grab his hand. I drag him from the couch and follow Bryce all the way up to his room. When we reach it, Bryce walks toward the back of their giant room.

He kneels down in front of a box. The box is labeled 'baby crib: pink' I laugh. Its so blunt, but the crib itself is so cute. I wish that I had a nice crib like this when I was a child.

"For some reason I can't figure out how to set it up." Bryce says frustratedly.

All the materials are scattered onto the floor. I bend down next to him and pick up a piece of paper that was mixed in with the pieces of crib.

"Have you tried using the directions?" I ask him. He gives me a funny look.

"People actually use those things?" He asks me honestly. I laugh.

"Yes, that's what they are here for! Now lets see." I open up the directions then read them. "First you need to..." I proceed to instruct both Jason and Bryce on how to build both the cribs. We get them set up and placed in their designated spots in the room.

Bryce smiles and puts a small pillow in each of their cribs. He doesn't put in a blanket because apparently babies can choke easily... We don't want that.

Bryce thanks us and sends Jason on his way but Bryce and I need to go to the doctor's house and get Kari and the kids. Poor Kari must be exhausted. She has been alone with those little crazy babies for far too long.

When we get to the pack doctor's house everything is all set and ready to go. The kids are in their travel carriers and Kari is all dressed. I take Rain in her carrier and Bryce takes Ray. Kari is still a little weak so she just has to walk herself out to the car. Don't want to push her too hard. We load everyone in and take the short ride back to the pack house. Once we pull in and hop out, I grab Rain and join Bryce and Kari as we walk toward the front door.

When we get to there, there is a huge hoard of pack members waiting for us. People approach us and peer over our shoulders too look at the newest members of our pack. One of them, most likely Ray, will even be our future Alpha. That's why everyone is so interested. It's almost as is the queen and king just had children. It would be a big deal.

"They are so precious."

"Beautiful kids, you must be proud."

"How adorable, what are their names?"