Chapter 31

Author's note: warning there is a little bit of an inappropriate scene in this chapter, so if you don't want to read it then I'm warning you now:) (it's really not bad at all I just wanted to put a warning out there.)

------------------------------------------

It has been a few days since the festival. Ever since then things have been different around here.

Marla rarely talks to me. She goes about her daily chores but ignores me all together. She doesn't even glance in my direction anymore.

Gavin has been the same as normal except he sleeps in my room every night. I have to say, the feeling of having him close comforts me.

Kenneth is becoming an attention whore and constantly takes me out to do things and never allows me to hang out with anyone unless he is around. It's rather annoying, I rarely get any alone time with anyone.

Then there is Stacey. She's been mean to me lately. I don't know what is wrong with her and Marla. It's been getting weird and I need to get down to the bottom of it.

In two nights the ball will be held. Many pack members will attend and there will be dancing and feasting in my honor. I guess it feels nice to have a dance in my honor, but I'm rather intimidated. Plus I don't agree with why they are honoring me...

I mean realistically, Froam is dead now, so what am I still doing here? Maybe I can go to the council and tell them that there was a simple misunderstanding.

The only thing is, it isn't a simple misunderstanding anymore. Everyone here thinks of me as the savior. If I leave now than I will be disappointing all of these people. Most looked happy about it too. Who am I to take away that happiness?

If I do stay, who do I choose as my mate? Realistically, I can't choose Gavin. He needs to be with his sister back in America. He wouldn't want to stay here with me. Wesley is a good friend and he is funny but I know deep down he wants to find his mate. I don't even know Leonardo that well... I guess that leaves me with Kenneth.

Don't get me wrong, he is attractive and very much a gentleman. I just don't feel a spark with him. The only people that has ever made me feel anything are Jason and Gavin... I don't even know if I can consider that liking them though because I'm not really sure what these feelings mean.

Ugh this is so infuriating! Why can't I make up my mind about anything? I mean its not like I could like Gavin like that anyway. He is mean to me. Plus he acts like a womanizer sometimes. Like when he and Fiona had that fling, and now with Marla. He even kissed me! I can't say I hated it but I was in a weak spot. Jason on the other hand is nice to me. He always helps me out and he has been with me since the begining. He even thinks that I could be his mate. I mean he is the one with an inner wolf, so who am I to tell him I'm not his mate?

Either way I need to come up with a solution and fast. I can't keep decieving the people around me. I can do one of two things. I can stay here and be with Kenneth. Where we will act as the saviors for the rest of our lives, or I can leave and go back to New Heaven where Jason and the rest of my family are and disappoint thousands of people.

I sigh and dig my head into my pillow. This is so hard.

I hear a creaking noise come from my door. I shoot up from my position on my bed and glance at the doorway. I see Kenneth standing there with a bright smile.

"You ready?" He asks. I nod and get off of the bed.

"I suppose so." I say.

I join him and shut my door behind me. Apparently my dancing skills are not up to par. Therefore I need some instructions. Kenneth offered to teach me but when the council found out about it, they decided to have all the candidates teach me. After all, they want a fair chance for me to get to know all four of them.