Chapter 33

"Evie you're back!" Kari screeches as we walk into the pack house.

She runs at me and wraps me in a bone crushing embrace. I laugh and hug her back lovingly, but with just as much force.

"Yeah I'm back..." I say. I slowly release her from our hug and look around.

It feels like forever since I have been here. I know that it's only been a week or so, but my body feels foreign here. The faded wood on the stairs, the cream colored walls, I missed it all. Kari grabs my hand and drags me toward the game room.

I'm about to question why she is bringing me here but she opens up the door and I see a room filled with familiar faces. I can't help but smile to myself, I never knew I could miss my friends and family so much.

Rosie stands abruptly from the couch. Her hair seems a tad shorter but besides that she hasn't changed much. She looks at me with watery-wide eyes and runs to my side, stopping as soon as she gets next to me.

"Ev." She says and sniffles a bit. "I've missed you."

Smiling, I pull her into a hug. "I've missed you too Rosie."

Suddenly someone hugs both of us from behind. Their face is hidden from me but they squeeze tightly and both Rosie and I have our breaths forced out of us.

"Don't forget about me." Jason says. I smile as I realize it's him. We're the three musketeers again.

It's nice to have all my friends back. They let go of me and I notice Ralf sitting on the couch along with his brother Ryan. Wait Ryan?

My smile brightens even more as they stand. I run over to Ryan and hug him. He seems shocked for a moment but throws his arms around me as well.

"You're back from the army!" I shout happily. He laughs, his chest rumbling under my embrace. Suddenly a growl sounds from behind me. I let go of Ryan and turn around to see Rosie glaring at me angrily.

Then it hits me. I take a step away from Ryan and he pulls Rosie into his arms lovingly. She snaps out of her death stare, an apologetic look quickly replacing it.

"Oh shit." she covers her mouth. "I'm sorry Evelyn. I didn't mean to growl at you." She blushes embarrassedly.

I smile. "Don't worry about it." I say with genuine happiness in my voice. I look between her and Ryan. "You guys look cute together though." I add with a wink.

She giggles and hugs Ryan. "Don't we!"

He laughs and ruffles her hair. Like a child, she looks up at him and pouts.

"Ryan I'm not a little kid anymore. You don't have to keep ruffling my hair..." He smirks and kisses her on the lips with a light peck.

"I know, you're just too cute. I couldn't resist."

I turn from their adorableness and look back at Jason and Kari. They are finishing up their casual conversation. I take this time to glance around them and look for Bryce and Gavin, checking to see if they followed us. Sadness sweeps over me as I notice they aren't there, I sigh.

"Evelyn you're probably tired, did you want to go to bed?" Kari says, interrupting my thoughts. I shake my head.

"No I managed to get some sleep on the plane, I'm not that tired." I say. Then I remember my little niece and nephew. "How are Rain and Ray?" I ask.

"They are doing awesome. Bryce went to go play with them since he has been gone for a little while." She says.

I grab a piece of my hair and twirl it in my fingers. "Do you think I could go see them?" I ask sweetly. She laughs.