Chapter 9

"Okay wait, why are you rushing me to go home?" Rosie whispers to me in the parking lot.

"Because I need to talk to Kari badly."

"Well can't your talk wait?" She says to me with pleading eyes. "Look the new hot guys are standing out here with our group, and I don't even know them." I glare at her. Of course she wants to talk to Gavin and Seth.

"They are nothing special, now please can we go?" I ask her.

"Ev, you never think anyone is special. Not even Jason and he's been in love with you his whole life." I look at her shocked. Wait what? Jason has not been in love with me his whole life. He is going to find his mate, why would he ever want to be with me? Plus we are just best friends.

"Rosie, Jason has never been in love with me. And I refuse to fall in love with a werewolf unless they are my true mate." I say. she sighs and shakes her head... She still doesn't know that I can't change. Only Jason, Kari, Brent and a few others know about it. It's too embarrassing to tell anyone.

"Fine, fine." She glances over at Gavin and Seth sadly. "I guess I can just meet them some other time."

Relief floods through me. Yes, thank god she isn't being stubborn right now. "Don't worry, you will be able to. I can introduce you at some point."

She flashes me a bright smile. "Maybe you can introduce me after your practice tonight?" I roll my eyes.

"Don't get your hopes up."

"Fine, lets go."

We walk over to José and I throw my backpack into the back seat. I run up to shot gun and plop myself down. Rosie brings the engine to life and blasts country music in my ear.

The song 'Life is a Highway' comes on and I let out a laugh. This song is my jam! Both Rosie and I sing all the way to the pack house. She parks in the long drive way and I immediate get out. Without even grabbing my backpack I run inside, holding my wrist to make sure it doesn't move.

The office, even if Kari isn't in there then Bryce will still know where she is. I hurry off in that direction.

"Evelyn?" A voice says to me. Ugh, I need to find Kari my wrist is killing me!

"Yes?" I stop and turn around. Laine approaches me with her long blonde hair swaying as she walks.

"Have you seen Kari?" I let out a laugh.

"I'm actually trying to find her right now. I'm heading to the office to see if she's there."

"I was just there, and not only was she not there but Bryce said he has no idea where she is." She says sadly.

Just lovely! The one person who always knows where she is... Where could she possibly be...?

"I wanted to talk to Kari about her baby shower. It's coming up soon and I don't know what kind of cookies or decorations she wants!" She throws her hands up in the air frustratedly. I laugh at her.

"I forgot that you're stuck with planning all this stuff because Ashley is busy with Kyle." She frowns.

"I know. It's so much work Evie, I barely have any time to hang out with Dan..." I feel bad for her, Kari can't ever concentrate fully on one thing at a time so Laine is in this by herself. Even though it is Kari's babies. Wait! Kari's babies!

"Laine you're a genius!" She gives me a weird look.

"I don't know where you're going with this but I like the sound of it... What idea just popped into your head?"

"Kari is probably hanging out with Dr. Silver, just to have her check out the babies. She paranoid for some reason about the little guys." Laine smiles brightly.