Chapter 35

"What is going on?" I ask, shocked. Bryce's demeanor seems relaxed as he walks over to me.

"Ariana has something to tell you." He says.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything but fear as I glance at Gloria with worried eyes. How can they be calm when she is in here?

"Don't worry. She is tied up and we taped her mouth. She can't hurt anyone."

I sigh in relief, well that's good to hear. I look up at Ariana and she smiles shyly. I smile back and approach her.

"Hi Evelyn." She says.

"Hi." I answer.

"Well I really wanted to thank you for helping my brother and me..." I laugh.

"Oh that was no problem, you don't have to thank me at all!" I say happily. She looks at me sadly.

"But I do. I was locked in there since I was about thirteen. Words can't describe how thankful I am."

"You don't have to be-" I start to say but she cuts me off.

"So... Since words weren't enough to share how extremely grateful I am, I thanked you the best I could with my actions." She adds. I give her a curious look. Actions? What is she trying to say here?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She reaches in her pocket and pulls out a little glass bottle with pink bubbling liquid on the inside. She hands it to me.

"I've never seen soda that bubbles like this, but thanks..." I say. I observe it for a moment.

She laughs. "It's not soda. It's your wolf." I look at the bottle again, but closer this time.

"My wolf is in here?" I say. Wait Gloria has my wolf I thought. I turn to Gloria.

She looks a lot more pale now. And even a little more wrinkly. Did they really get my wolf from her?

"Yes, as soon as you drink it, you will have your wolf back." Ariana says, snapping me out of my daze. I blink a few times and look at the item in my hands.

This small container holds everything I have wanted for the past seventeen years of my life. But ever since last night, it isn't what I want anymore. What I want is to be with Gavin. What if I drink this and he was wrong. What if I'm not his mate? What would happen then? Would he leave me?

"Wow." I say. "How... How did you get it back?" I ask shakily.

She smiles and grabs Seth's hand in her own. "Well I couldn't have done it alone. Seth did most of the work. He caught Gloria and well, I was told that you would get your wolf back if she was dead." I look at Gloria who is clearly still alive and breathing. Huh. "So I gave her a choice. Death or give it back willingly. Luckily she chose the latter and no blood was shed. But I brought her back just incase anything were to go wrong." She adds happily.

"Wow. I don't know what to say."

"How about a thank you to the nice girl that brought you back your wolf." I hear a new voice say from behind me. I turn and see Kari.

"Oh yeah." I smile at Ariana the best I can. "Thank you so much!" I say.

She returns the smile, "No thank you."

"So drink it." Kari says. I feel worry fill my body. I don't know if I want to take it. "Go on Evie."

She's right. I have wanted this for so long, I have to do it. It would be wrong of me not to drink it. Right?

Slowly, I pop out the cork wedge sealing the glass. I bring the brim of the glass up to my lips. The liquid slowly trickles down my throat as I lift the bottle. A sickly sweet taste fills my mouth. It doesn't taste disgusting but it doesn't taste good either.