Chapter 28

I yawn. Damn, I'm tired. I feel like I've been hit with a fifty pound sack of bricks. Training sure took a lot out of me yesterday.

I slowly open my eyes and jump a little. To my surprise I see Gavin asleep right next to me. His arm is thrown over my body and I'm close to his chest. Strangely my body feels... content.

I trail my eyes down his sleeping face and chiseled jaw down to his neck then to his chest. I'm so close yet so far from him... I mean if I nudge forward a little it's kind of like I did it while I was sleeping right?

Wait what the hell am I thinking? I am not a creep, this is so unlike me. I refuse to do something so weird.

Suddenly I hear Gavin groan a little and his arm tightens around me. He pulls me toward him. I smile as he gently presses me against his chest. I guess I didn't have to do anything. Five more minutes of me sleeping in this comfy position won't hurt anyone, right?

I close my eyes and nuzzle my head into his large chest. He smells really good too. Nothing like Jason. Jason smells like campfires while Gavin smells like... like... I don't even know how to explain it! It's so good that I just can't compare it to anything...

A loud knock sounds on the door. I look up at Gavin and he still hasn't woken up yet. Crap! Another knock sounds. I wiggle out of Gavin's arms and ruffle up the covers around him to make it look like there's no one in my bed. I skip over to the door and open it. To my surprise I see Kenneth standing there.

"Oh hi." I say shocked. He looks me up and down and smirks.

"I'm sorry did I just wake you up?" he asks. I laugh.

"Kind of, but it's fine, what's up?" I ask and run a hand through my messy bed head. He scratches his head.

"Well we went to go see Gavin this morning and he wasn't there. Do you know where he could be?" Kenneth asks. I feel my face blush red a little. Oh god... I'm a terrible liar. Why did he have to ask me out of all people?

I look down and my toes."The last time I saw him was at dinner last night. Sorry I can't help you." I say with apologetically. See, lying isn't so hard.

"It's fine."

Score! He believed it! I guess I'm not so bad at lying. Take that Jason. The jerk never thought I could lie with a serious face.

Kenneth suddenly looks me up and down again. Why does he keep doing that?

"I was wondering if maybe you would want to come to the festival in town tonight. That way you can meet some of the pack members." He says.

A festival? That actually sounds like fun. I enjoy things like that. I loved when Kari and Bryce would bring me to small festivals when I was younger. Going will probably bring me back to old times.

I smile and say, "That sounds amazing! I can't wait." He smirks.

"Awesome, be ready by nine." I nod. "By the way I love the outfit." he says with a wink and walks away.

Huh? I look down and see that I'm still in that skimpy lingerie dress thing I'm forced to sleep in. Crap, that's so degrading. My face burns bright red. Suddenly the door slams shut in front of me and I see a frowning Gavin standing there.

"He's a douche." He says. I look up at him shocked.

"Why do you hate each other so much?" I ask. He looks me in the eyes.

"Long story... I don't really want to talk about it."

I frown. I hate when people bring something up then they don't talk to me about it. That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Why even bother showing your hate for him if no one knows why you hate each other. Ugh, boys.