Chapter 26

The wolf whimpers and holds it's head down. I can't believe that that wolf is Tori. I've never seen her wolf before. Sure I knew she was a werewolf but it just didn't seem real until now. More importantly, why is she here right now... I thought her and Froam were both gone.

Slowly she starts approaching us.

"Don't come any closer." Gavin says firmly.

She looks up into my eyes and gives me a pleading look. Something moves me about her pleading look, like there is honesty and truth behind what she wants to tell us. Now is better than ever to talk I guess. I grab onto Gavin's arm and he looks down at me.

"Let's hear her out." I plead. He looks at me unsure. His protectiveness is nice but we need to listen to her.

I walk out from behind him and approach Tori. She looks at me with sad eyes. I wonder what she is sad about. She seems lost.

"Can you change back so we can talk?" I ask. She glances behind me at Gavin and then back at me. I let out a quick laugh as realization hits me. "You didn't bring clothes, did you?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Here." I say.

I reach down to the hem of my shirt, take it off and hand it to her. She takes it in her mouth gently and trots off into the woods.

It's weird, I know Tori is on Froam's side because he is her uncle but I just can't help but have hope. Hope that all those memories we made as friends were real. It hurts me to think she would fake being my friend to get closer to Kari.

A few moments later she comes out of the trees in my baggy t-shirt. She approaches me and stops when she gets a few feet away.

Just then I feel a presence close to my back. I turn and see Gavin standing protectively behind me. He's glaring in Tori's direction.

"I'm not going to hurt her." Tori snaps at him with venom in her voice.

I look back at her and see that she's glaring back at Gavin. Her brown eyes seem confused, lost and angry.

"You can see why I would be a little skeptical of that." He says. She sighs and looks down.

"Evelyn... I didn't think what my uncle was doing was bad... He always told me that he wants there to be peace and equality in this world. How can that be bad? Well that's what I thought anyway. I promised to help him. But I realize now that what he was doing was wrong... I'm angry at myself. I can't believe I was deceived by him for so long..." She mumbles honestly.

I reach out and grab her hand. "Tori it's okay. You grew up with him throwing those thoughts and ideas at you constantly. You never knew better..." She shakes her head.

"I should have... I should have known Evelyn. I grew up watching him murder people. How could I have not known. And now you're stuck here..." I laugh.

"It's not so bad here. They treat me just fine. They don't hurt me and I'm treated more like a princess than anything else." I say honestly. She looks up at me with watery-worried eyes.

"Evelyn that's what I needed to talk to you about. Froam is angry. Actual he is beyond angry, he's furious. He's not getting any credit and he's being persecuted for some crimes he committed back in America. He wants-"

She's cut off by the loud squawking of birds flying from the woods behind her. They seem to running from something, and fast.

Her eyes go wide and she turns quickly on her heals. Suddenly I see a bunch of rogue wolves stick their heads out of the tree line. Tori moves away from me and I feel Gavin step up. He pushes me behind him.

A large man walk out of the trees, he seems to be above the others. When I take a closer look I feel my heart stop. It's Froam. My heart begins to race and chills shoot down my spine. He is back.