Have you met John?

A/N: So here's chapter 2. Hope you like it. Comment and Vote!!

After finishing addressing every one of Sam’s complaint letters- and trust me, stripper club owners get a lot of them- and arranging his finances I left the office to get Chelsea and go home.

“Chelsea?” I asked looking behind the stage.

“Hey,” she smiled at me from behind a man, “Have you met John?”

John turned around to see me and he practically knocked me over by jumping on top of me, “Hey, Lexi!”

“Have I?” I asked sarcastically.

“I just asked John if he wanted to come back to the house with us for dinner,” Chelsea grinned adoringly at the back of his head.

“It’ll be fun Lex, we can plan out our prank,” he pulled his teeth over his bottom lip to give me a weird smile.

Of course Chelsea liked this freak, I thought. No matter how badly I didn’t want John at our house I knew she did. And how could I stand in the way of her happiness? She’s my best friend and I wanted her to be happy- even if I wasn’t.

“First, don’t call me Lex. Second, it’s your prank. And third… you can ride in Chelsea’s car,” I sighed.

She smiled gratefully and walked out through the back door with John. I gave them a head start so they could a little extra time together when they got back to our house.

“Lexi,” Trisha called for me at the bar.

“Hey,” I sat at one of the red, spinning the bar stools.

“Did you see the boss’s son? Jake or something like that,” she asked pulling her blonde hair into a ponytail.

“John,” I laughed, “And he just left with Chelsea to go to our house.”

She gave me a stern, motherly look and handed me a bottle of vodka.

“Whoa, what’s this?” I asked wide eyed.

Trish was more motherly to me than my mother and now she was handing me a bottle of alcohol. It wasn’t as if she was older like a mom, but she took care of me like that. She was actually rather young. She was only twenty four and she was so pretty. Her long hair fell around her thin face perfectly. She was fairly tan and had sweet, brown eyes that she dressed up in different colored makeup every day. She was thin and short, making her seem much more fragile than she actually was.

“Sam wanted to send some back with his son,” she shrugged.

“With his underage son and employees?” I asked skeptically.

“He hired an underage bartender,” she held up her hands as if to it’s not her problem.

“That makes it sound like you’re bad mouthing Sam. He did that as a huge favorite to you,” I snapped then softened my voice, “And you’re great at your job.”

“Whatever, give that to John and stay away from it yourself,” she warned.

“Thanks Mom,” I rolled my eyes and got up to leave.

“Yeah, yeah,” she called after me, “Be good.”

I walked through the almost abandoned parking lot to my car. I fumbled with the keys and when I finally managed to unlocked the car got in. I started the car and drove down the streets. People rarely came out at six thirty. This town seemed to be more inclined toward the night life. In fact I was surprised I got out of the office that early. I was expecting to be working late as usual. I suppose Sam was going to stay late tonight instead of me.