No Makeover, Just Makeup

A/N: okay so I did this instead of my homework, but it was worth it. Who cares about math anyway? ;) Comment and vote!

I moaned into my comforter and smashed my alarm clock down. Fourteen months and a stupid note. There was no way I getting up today. It had to be early also. The sun was too strong for that early. I would’ve never left that bed if John hadn’t crawled in through my window.

“What are you doing?” I exclaimed and moved to the farthest edge of my bed.

“It’s five in the afternoon. You weren’t at work; you weren’t answering your phone. My dad was worried, so was Chelsea, and so am I,” he narrowed his eyes suspicious.

“Chelsea,” I scoffed, “Is not worried about my feelings.”

“What are you talking about? She loves you,” he laid back on my bed next to me.

“You don’t do that to people you love,” I said too upset and exhausted to be bitter.

“Do what?” he asked and sat up next to me.

“Nothing. We can talk about it later if you want,” I offered, “But I’ve got to call Sam first and apologize.”

“I think he’ll be more happy to hear you’re alive than angry that you didn’t come into work.”

I sighed, “Either way I’ve got to call him.”

“I’ve got it,” he smiled, “Go shower or something.”

“Err, thanks?” I couldn’t believe he asked me to shower with him in the other room.

He hadn’t appeared to catch onto my hesitation when he flipped open his phone and said “you’re welcome,” to me.

I jumped into the shower without letting it heat. For some reason I was in a hush to get out. I washed myself quickly, I had been clean and polished from the spa to begin with. After rinsing off I scurried into my room wrapped tightly in a towel.

I had forgotten to grab my clothes and I wasn’t looking forward to John seeing me half naked. I stepped down into my bedroom and came to the realization John wasn’t in there. I shrugged it off and walked to my closet. I had been horrified to find out all of my clothes were dirty and the only things I had left were the packages Chelsea and I had bought yesterday.

I inhaled deeply and begun to dig my way through the piles of clothing to find something half way decent. The closes thing I could pull together was a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a low cut royal blue blouse. However it was the underwear that scared me the most. I had never worn a thing like that in my life. Black lace panties I could almost handle that, but a matching black lace push up bra that transformed my normal C-cup to a D was way out of my league. I inhaled again and forced myself into those clothes. I couldn’t bare to see this horror in the mirror. Instead I hauled myself into the kitchen.

There was no breakfast waiting for me on the island as usual that morning. However there was a John.

“Was there a plate of food there this morning?” I asked him.

“No,” he answered truthfully.

Could it have been possible Chelsea was mad at me, I thought.

“Oh well,” I shrugged, “I wouldn’t have eaten it anyway.”

“Lexi?” he asked wide eyed.

“Yeah?” I said genuinely curious why his eyes popped out of his head.

“You have cleavage,” he stated like it was a miracle.

I felt a deep blush rise in my chest, “I always had cleavage.” It was the only way I could think to respond. Wasn’t I a brainy act?