Pull It Together

A/N: Comment and vote. Hope you like it!

I trudged up the stairs only to find that there were two doors on the right. There was one door on the left and one on the wall across from the stairs. I assumed that was the bathroom. I turned to the first door and tried my luck.

Nothing in the room seemed familiar and it was large. There were a couple of posters, I knew the bands, and a computer desk. Another flat screen across from the queen size bed. There were a good amount of bras on the floor. If I had to guess I’d say about eight or ten. Before I got a good look at the rest Noah coughed from behind me.

I jumped and spun to face him, “What?”

“That’s my room,” he took a finger and pointed to the other door like I was the dumbest person in the world, “That’s John’s.”

“Okay,” I whispered and moved into John’s room.

This room seemed more like John. First off, he had left the lights on and Noah’s kept his off. The room was bright blue and, not to my surprise, there was another flat screen. He too, had a queen sized bed, but it was pushed back behind a half wall in the farthest corner of his room. Every piece of furniture and all the accents were white, unlike Noah’s dark brown ones.

I shut the door behind me and made my way to the walk in closet across from the bed. I took a deep breath. I hoped John wouldn’t mind all that much that I was in his room, because I was about to be in his clothes. He had made me dress like this and abandoned me with Noah, who wouldn’t take me home. The least he could do was not complain about having to wash a t-shirt and pair of basketball shorts.

It felt odd to be in John’s room, especially with Noah in the next room over. I took another large breath and moved to the bed only to trip on the John box. He left it on the floor? I thought. That box was so important and he left it lying at the edge of his bed.

“Typical John,” I mumbled and began to return the items into the box.

I succeeded in not looking at anything. I still had no idea what was in that box and I was glad. I’d already freaked Sam out that morning the least I could do was not break my promise to him.

 I smashed the lid back on with a smile and crawled up onto the bed. I spied the remote perched on his night stand and couldn’t resist snatching it to see what was on. I silently flipped through the channels and found nothing to my interests. I speedily gave up on that idea and just laid back. There was nothing to do. The only things I had with me were in that bag Trish gave me that laid next to my empty clothes. I figured there must be something in there and pulled it onto my lap.

I dumped its belongings out in front of me. There was a pack of gum, several condoms, five dollars, and a sheer lip gloss. Trish didn’t even throw in my phone. However I had begun to get the feeling that this bag was hers not mine. I grimaced and heard a soft knock at the door.

“Yeah?” I asked hopeful that it was John.

Noah strutted into the room, to my disappointment, and looked down at the objects before me. He raised an eyebrow, “You’re not a virgin.”

“Shut it,” I snarled as I stood up to be closer to eye level with him, “What do you want?”

He seemed to snap out of a trance when he exclaimed, “You’ve got to get out of here.”

“You live thirty minutes away from me and it’s dark. I’m not walking home,” I protested.

“Not out of the house,” he reassured me, “Out of the room.”