All My Fault

It was Saturday and Noah still hadn’t called. That’s three days.

John must’ve heard the story too because he wasn’t answering his phone. I groaned, John was my only way to explain this to Noah.

I didn’t think he was this mad. I thought it was just in the moment. I figured it might be a good idea to call and apologize to get this worked out. If he wasn’t going to call me, I would just have to call him. Phones work both ways after all. For all I knew he was waiting for my call.

The doorbell rang and I sat up on my bed to check the time. It was six pm exactly, Gabe was right on time. I stood up and adjusted my outfit, making sure to get the wrinkles out of my skirt. Then I went to answer the door.

“Hey,” I grinned.

“Hey,” he pecked my lips.

We walked to the car and my smile faltered as I realized what I was going to have to do. For no reason other than Noah, who didn’t seem to like me all that much right now. I couldn’t have been any dumber.

We walked into the restaurant after a pretty silent car ride. Judging by the look on his face I knew he still had no idea what I was going to say and that gave my butterflies- and not the good kind.

Once we were seated and order our drinks I decided to tell him. I didn’t want to sit through a meal uncomfortable, feeling like the horrible person I was.

“Gabe, can we, ah, talk for a second?” I asked looking directly at him until he smiled at me, then I looked at my hands.

“Sure,” he was reassuringly.

“You remember the guy at the park, Noah, right?” I asked looking up slightly to see his reaction.

“Yeah,” he shrugged uncaring. I never figured Gabe as one to get jealous. Noah was always more of the hot tempered one.

“We… we’re… we were. Shit,” I gave up with a sigh.

He gave me an odd look, “Just say it. You two are dating.”

I looked at him puzzled, “How’d you know that?”

“No friendflips out like he did when I talked to you,” he chuckled a little bit.

“Okay,” I nodded and mentally slapped myself for procrastinating, “but because of that I can’t really go out with you.”

He looked like he was fighting a smile, “Because you don’t want to date two people at once?”

“Well, yeah,” I admitted.

“You’re so,” he paused as if checking to find the right word, “…cute.”

“I’m breaking up with you and you think I’m cute?” I asked disbelieving.

“The reason why you’re breaking up with me is cute,” he smirked, “Come one, I know you’ve been hooked on him for as long as I’ve known you.”

I nodded, slightly embarrassed that Gabe knew about that.

“Hey, there’s Noah,” he laughed.

“Not funny,” I mumbled, but looked up to see he was right. Noah was here. With the girl from my work.

“And Courtney,” Gabe interjected my thoughts, “Want to go?”

I shrugged, “I guess so.”

He led the way out and into his car. The car ride back was fairly silently to, but that was to be expected. I did just break up with him. However he took it oddly well. He pulled to the front of my house and let me out.

“Bye,” I frowned.

“Bye,” he drove away before I made it even halfway to my door.

Despite the problems Chelsea and I were having I wanted her home so badly that night. I missed her. She was the only person I had remotely like family and she would know what to do. She always did.

I was exhausted even though it was only eight. I fell back onto my bed and, knowing full well I wouldn’t get any slept that night, thought about how I ended up here.

John came into my life and I was finally beginning to feel better so I made dates and then Chelsea wrote that stupid note. Then Chelsea, my best friend, was suddenly out of my life. Noah showed up, Sam convinced me to date two guys. Noah and I slept together then he wouldn’t let me finish my stupid sentence. They ruined my life.

I took deep breaths into my pillow and cursed. Who am I kidding this is all my fault.

A/N: So I updated a little early this week. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to get to my computer this weekend so I thought it'd be a good idea. Plus with my recent spike in fans- it was only four but that's kind of big for me- it inspired me to get off my lazy bum and write :)

Also I'm thinking about doing Noah's POV. What do you guys think?

Comment, vote, and fan!