Talk. To. Her.

John walked me up the stairs to his house and opened the door. He dragged me upstairs to find Noah. With one hand still holding mine, John raised a fist to the door and banged loudly on it three times before Noah answered.

He stood in the door frame with his boxers and a t-shirt on. He scratched the back of his neck and squinted until he could see clearly in the light.

“Lexi!” He whisper shouted. He had probably factored in that it was two am.

“Talk. To. Her,” John growled and left us alone.

“What are you doing here?” he narrowed his eyes at me.

My eyes swept the room behind him and I saw a body move in his bed. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest and my eyes watered up. I inhaled deeply to avoid crying. Noah coughed when he saw my face and shut his bedroom door behind him.

“What’s up?” he said a little nicer this time.

“Well,” I whispered afraid my voice my crack and give anyway how badly I wanted to cry, “I was going to tell you the reason I went out with Gabe on Saturday was to break up with him.”

I might as well be honest. I had a feeling after this night I wouldn’t see Noah again. We weren’t good together. But then again we weren’t good apart. It was tearing me up inside. I was miserable and I didn’t know what to do.

“I didn’t-,” he began but I cut him off by saying, “It doesn’t matter.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked angry.

I sighed, “What does it sound like. It doesn’t matter to me. I can’t take it anymore. I take being with you or fighting with you… or staying away from you.”

“So what do we do?” he growled.

“Nothing,” I choked out, “we’re better off not together.”

I ran down the stairs towards the door. My hand reached for the knob when his hand stopped me and he turned me around to face him.

“Lexi, you’re not leaving this time,” he commanded.

“Why not?” I demanded.

“Because I’m not letting you,” he pulled me tighter against me and kissed me. It was so cheesy, but the romantic side of me melted into to him. So much so that it almost made me stay when he released me.

“Noah,” I whispered, “You have a girl up there. I don’t want to go up there and say you have to leave, I’m dating this man now.”

“I’ll do it,” he volunteered desperately.

I turned my head slightly and looked him softly in the eye, “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“You can’t go,” he pleaded in a whisper.

“Goodbye, Noah,” I walked out of the house and didn’t look back. I knew if I looked back I wouldn’t have the strength to leave. And once I reached the side walk I realized I had no ride home and I live thirty minutes away by car.

“Shit,” I cussed and wanted desperately to take that as a sign.

I turned around to go back inside and asked John for a ride home when hit into Noah’s strong chest.

“Need a ride?” he asked.

A/N: Ughh, I'm so sorry it's short, but there's only two more chapters left. Yay! What do you all think about Lexi and Noah anyway? Stay together? Break up? It's hard to tell.