Did You Just Bite Me?

A/N: A little recap of last chapter-

I was so tired I was surprised I hadn’t fallen asleep during the movie. My sleep started off peaceful, but in the middle I heard some shout, “I’ll be there in a second. Stay in my room.”

Then the door opened and someone crept into the room. I felt myself clutch onto John as I realized how we’d been sleeping. He was on his back with one arm around my upper body to rest under my chest while his other hand laid across his chest and gripped my waist. I leaned half my stomach on him and the other half on his mattress. My arm landed across his stomach to wrap part way underneath it.

The man, by that point I’ve seen enough of his body type to gather he was a man, strolled over to the bed.

“John,” I heard Noah whisper and then figured out the mystery man.

“Noah?” I squinted.

“Lexi,” he slurred and then glared at me, “What are you doing here?”

“John, wanted me to-,” he cut me off to my displeasure.

“Of course he wanted you.  Everyone wants you,” he growled.

“N-Noah?” I stuttered. I was frightened; I had never seen him like that before. I clung to John even more which he promptly saw. His eyes widened for a minute then narrowed again.

“What?” he snapped bitterly and I could smell his breath that time. He had been drinking.

“Have you been drinking?”

He walked around to the side of the bed I was on and pulled me out from under John’s arm and up from the bed. He quickly flipped me into his old position and slammed my back onto the wall. Not gently, like John had done, but with abrupt force.

Standing up with my back against the wall I realized for the first time a girl’s curvy figure standing with her arms crossed in the door way. I couldn’t make her out in great detail because the light from the hallway shown behind her, but she looked pretty. I immediately hated her. That must’ve been the girl Noah replaced me with. I felt a ping of jealousy and needed to look away. My eyes meet up with Noah’s.

“Why are you here,” he slurred onto me with his hands still gripped onto my forearms pinning me in place.

“Noah,” I pleaded in a whispering tone so I wouldn’t wake John, “You’re drunk.”

“I don’t care who you’re screwing around with, but you can’t screw around with John. He deserves better than you.”

“Noah,” I repeated this time in a whimper.

“Stay away,” he shook my arms, “I told you to stay away when we broke up.”

A fresh wave of old memories crashed into my head and nearly brought me to tears. I rapidly locked the thoughts into the back of my mind and promised to deal with them after this.

“I want you out,” he snarled.

I suddenly managed to find my voice and growled back, though the fear hadn’t left my body for a minute, “Get off me and never talk to me like I’m below you again.”

“Or what?” he asked sarcastically while moving his body farther onto mine.

I took a deep breath and prayed that this would work. With all the force I could manage I sprang my head forward and bit his neck. I tasted a little blood and nearly gagged which forced me to pull my teeth away. He yelped quietly and pulled back little, but still kept a firm hold on my arms.