Forever.

The car ride with Noah was uncomfortable to say the least. The two of us were silent for the first five minutes until Noah found it in him to talk.

“I could’ve gotten rid of her,” he said sternly.

“She’s a human, you can’t just ‘get rid of her’,” I growled.

He pulled to a stop at the red light and turned to face me, “Fine, I could’ve asked her to leave. She really doesn’t mean anything.”

I didn’t want to be cruel to Noah and I didn’t want to fight with him. I sighed, “Noah.”

“Lexi,” he mocked and then got serious again, “You’re making too big of a deal out of this.”

“Too big a deal?” I asked rhetorically and angrily, “While I was crying over the fact that you were gone you went and slept with other girl!”

His eyes softened and he asked quietly, “You were crying?”

We stared at each other. I was just sick of feeling this way and the only time I was truly happy was when I was with Noah, but what was I supposed to do? Tell him it’s fine? Tell he if we break up he can sleep with another girl and still get me back after? I could never tell him that. It was making me physically sick. No matter how much I loved him I couldn’t tell him that.

I froze for a minute. I loved him? After all this time I still loved him? I took a deep, shaky breath after that thought. I still loved Noah.

A car honked and Noah looked back at the road. He began to drive and we became silent again for a while. Normally the thrity minute minute, that usually felt so quick, seemed to take forever. Why couldn't he just drop it?

“Noah,” I whispered, “I really do love you.”

“That’s not fair, don’t do that,” he spat, “Don’t tell me you love me, but I can’t have you.”

I couldn’t breathe with what he was doing to me. I felt breathe get short and my chest get tight. I gripped onto my seat desperatly to just hold onto anything that couldn’t hurt me.

“Sorry,” I snapped, “Would you rather hear I hate you? We could go back to the night John introduced us again and we could pretend we hate each other. We can be bitter and refuse to listen to the other person. Do you want to do that?”

He thought for a second before answering my rhetorical question, “No. I never want to do that again.”

The saddness in his eyes as he said that hit me right in the heart. I felt it was harder and harder to no keep saying no when Noah kept acting like this. Like I was the only girl he ever wanted and ever will want.

“Why are you making it so hard to say no?” I exclaimed with exasperation.

“Why are you still saying no?” he responded.

I groaned. This could only happen to me. I’m probably the only girl in the world having to refuse her true love. The thought occurred to me that I didn’t have to refuse him, but at the same time Noah was jealous, hot tempered, stubborn, and all around difficult… but I kind of loved that about him. Damn, I loved everything about. From his flaws to his perks I just wanted to love him and stay with him forever.

“Don’t do this to me,” I moaned.

“Stay with me,” he replied when he took a sharp turn to the left.

“Oh my god, Noah!” I screamed.

“What?” he asked confused and almost angrily then pulling over to the side of the road in front of my house.

“Ugh, just let me go,” I pleaded.

“Never.”

How was I supposed to say no to him?

I jumped out of the car and raced to my door with him stalking quickly behind me. I choked when I realized my key was inside and I’d have to look for the spare in the dark with Noah pestering me.

“Why can’t we at least try?” he inquired.

“Because I don’t want to get hurt,” I responded and kneeled down when I remember the key was under the matt, "And I don't want you to get hurt either." I searched desperately with little hope.

"I''m not afraid to get hurt," he responded one hundred percent confiedently.

"But I'm afraid of hurting you," I sighed and when I couldn’t find the key I stood up.

Noah had the key in the palm of his hand.

“You really shouldn’t keep it under the matt, it’s not safe,” he said sincerely and shoved the key into his pocket.

“Give me the key, Noah,” I gritted my teeth.

“Not until you hear me out,” he bargained.

“Fine,” I slurred out, breathless.

“Do you want to be with me?” he asked simply.

“What?”

“If you hadn’t seen that girl, would you want to be with me?” he inquired calmly.

I thought for a moment before I whispered, “Of course.”

“So when I never sleep with around with other girls besides you again, would you want to be with me?”

My heart melted and I almost went weak at the knees, “Yeah.”

“So be with me,” he prodded.

He was right and I knew it. Or deluded myself into thinking so because I really just wanted to be with him. I became very aware that I had not moved or answered him when he kissed me gently on the lips. I smiled slightly and knew he felt it.

When he pulled away I didn’t say a word. He took a step back to search my eyes and judge my face.

I jumped into his arms with my legs wrapped slightly around him. He stumbled back a little as he was surprised and suddenly holding all my weight. But he caught on as I kissed his lips. He kissed me back and I could feel him smiling.

At that moment I didn’t care if he’d slept with another girl. I never cared about it again. I just wanted to be with him. Forever.

A/N: IMPORTANT!! The next chapter will be an epilog, so this is kind of the end. But don't worry I've got a surprise for you after that ;)