Oh, You're Good

A/N: Chapter 3. As always hope you like it, comment and vote!

My phone had been ringing nonstop that morning. After a while I rolled over and opened the inbox just so it would stop making noise. There had to be at least twenty messages. I groaned and scrolled down to the first message

Hey –John

I looked through a few more, all with the same basic message.

I rolled out of bed and onto the floor. For a minute I thought about just staying there. Staying away from John and Chelsea and letting my emptiness eat at me until I become one with the floor. I clearly knew that wasn’t a possibility, however, so I gave myself one more second and pulled off the ground.

I made sure to change into my gym clothes and refresh the little makeup I wore rapidly. When I was finally looking presentable I leisurely walked to open the front door.

“John?” I whispered from halfway behind the door.

“Lexi!” John yelped and pulled me into a bear hug.

“John,” I groaned.

“What?” he jumped off of me.

“What are you doing here?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Just saying hello,” he gestured the greeting with a wave.

“It’s my morning off,” I sighed, “I was headed for the gym.”

“That’s fine, I’ll come with you,” he beamed.

My jaw dropped a little. Was he stalking me now? He was so clingy, but how could I say no? He looked like a lost little kid on my doorstep. I couldn’t just kick him to the curb.

I moaned and gestured for him to follow me, “Let’s go.”

I drove to the gym in silence. John on the other hand would not stop speaking. I wasn’t even aware of what he was saying. I simply nodded my head and strategically placed ‘um’ and ‘yeah’ in here and there. After thirty minutes of driving John finally stopped talking just as I was parking.

“Come on,” I got out of the car followed by John.

“You were serious?” he sounded confused.

“Where did you think I was going?” I asked equally confused.

“Never mind,” he mumbled and followed me into the gym.

I started on my normal routine; first the treadmill, next steps, and then I’d make my way to the weights. Only today I was flanked by John. Everywhere I went there he was. I couldn’t take it anymore. After I finished the steps I pulled him aside.

“John, why don’t you do some exercise?”

“Why am I looking a little flabby?” he questioned while poking his stomach to see if it was too fat.

“John, you may be the thinnest man I know,” I said reassuringly, “You could go do some stretches.”

He thought and then become like an over excited puppy, “Okay.”

He ran off- to my horrid relief- and played with the yoga balls instead of taking my suggestion. At least he was out of my hair, I could finally relax. I made my way to the weights and began lifting the two pounders.

A man came strutting into the weight room and stood beside me. He picked weights I as positive I couldn’t lift in a million years.

The man was fairly tall. His hair was dirty blonde and fell straight in his line of vision, because of the excessive curls. From what I could see his eyes were blue. He had soft features. Yet the most outstanding thing about this man was his physique. He was so muscular, yet not a body builder. Still I began to get the idea he spent every day at the gym.