Chapter 2 - Yellow Friend

"I think I'm lost," I mumbled, looking around the forest. I was walking for an hour or so - I think. I sighed and continued to walk around. I soon stopped walking when I heard noises. I looked at some bushes, where the noises came from and slowly walked closer to it.

I swallowed, staring at the bushes, "H--Hello?" I asked and the bushes stopped moving. I looked closer and all of a sudden, a small yellow Pokémon jumped up from the bushes, "Pichu."

We stared at each other for a moment before screaming, jumping a few steps away from each other. But the Pokémon fall down into the bushes and I rushed back over to it. I looked inside and the yellow Pokémon was on the ground, shaking it's head before looking back up to meet me.

It's a small, ground-dwelling rodent Pokémon with pale yellow fur. Its ear-tips, collar, and tail are black and angular. It has pink cheeks, and its tiny nose looks like a dot.

"You're a Pichu," I stated, smiling a little at the cute Pokémon. "Pichu," It said, standing up. It jumped off the bushes and moved away from me. "Wait," I called, making it to turn back to me.

"Can you please help me get back home?" I asked, walking over to it. It pointed at itself as if asking if I was talking to it. "Yes, I was talking to you. Can you please help me?" I asked, kneeling down.

It put its paw under its chin, thinking for a moment and it looked at me. It gave a small smile and nodded, "Pichu." I smiled, "Really? Thank you!" I said. It nodded and I stood up, looking around. "My house is really big, I can't climbed on the trees to see it."

"Pichu," It said before running to a tree and climbing on it. It disappeared up and I looked at the tree, blinking a few times. After a moment, Pichu climbed down the tree. "Pichu!" It said, pointing behind it with a smile. "You know where my house is?" I asked and it nodded.

"Great, can you lead the way?" I asked with a smile. "Pichu," It said, smiling with a nod. The yellow Pokémon started leading the way for me to go back home and I followed it.

After a few minutes, I heard a small cute noises and stopped as Pichu did as well. It looked down at its tummy, covering it with its paws. "I guess you hungry, right?" I said. It blushed a little as it looked up at me with a shyly smile, "Pichu," It agreed, rubbing a paw behind its head.

I smiled and looked around. My eyes stopped at the apple tree and I rushed towards it. I pulled out a red apple and turned to Pichu as it followed behind me. I kneeled down to it, holding the apple, "There you go," I said.

"Pichu!" It said with a big smile before taking the apple from my hand. I smiled, watching it eating. That Pichu is so cute!

"Hey, Pichu," I started as it soon finished to eat. It looked up at me as I continued, "You seem like a female Pichu, you a girl, am I right?" It smiled and nodded, "Pichu!" I smiled, "I knew it! Well, are you still hungry?" I asked. She shook her head and turned to her side, pointing to the direction where we were heading before, "Pichu!"

"Okay, let's go," I said, standing up. We continued to walk towards my house, "I wonder if anyone noticed I was missing," I mumbled to myself. "I guess maybe not." I looked at the ground and met Pichu's gaze, staring back at me. "Pichu?" She asked and I noticed in the female Pokémon's eyes concern.

I smiled down at her a little and shook my head, "We should be close right?" I said and she nodded before looking back ahead. But then, she stopped and looked around, "Pichu?"

"What's wrong, Pichu?" I asked as the mouse Pokémon continued to look around. She suddenly turned serious as she quickly walked behind me and looked at the direction we came from, "Pichu!"