Chapter 36 - Sparks Fly for Magnemite

By nightfall, me and my friends were crossing through a town, which to our surprise, we didn't find people anywhere. We walked near the dock, where I saw the water wasn't clean and I frowned. "This is a weird city," Ash said, "Lost of Factories, but no people." I looked at the map, finding out where we were, "This place is called... Gringey City."

"Gringey? Never heard of it," Ash said. "It used to be a lively and busy place, with all this Factories here," Misty explained. "Yeah, they kind of went overboard with Factories," Brock said, "Pollution ruined the air, and the water here."

"That's sad," I said. "Pika," my Pikachu said, standing next to Ash's Pikachu. "I guess we won't find any Pokémon here," Ash said and sighed in disappointment.

"Pika, Pika," Ash's Pikachu agreed and we started to continued to walk. "Pi?" I heard my Pikachu and looked down as I stopped when I saw her looking around. She tilted her head, "Pika?"

"What's wrong, Pikachu?" I asked. "Pika," she said in confusion before shaking her head as if nothing was wrong. "Let's go find the Pokémon Center," Misty said and we walked away.

It didn't took us long to find the Pokémon Center, as we were reaching closer to the building, I noticed my Pikachu was looking around uncomfortably. I frowned, slightly concern by her behaver, "Pikachu, what's wrong?"

"Pika..." she trailed off. "Pika, Pika, Pikachu?" Ash's Pikachu asked. "Pika, Pikachu, Pika, Pi," my Pikachu said. "What are they talking about?" Misty asked. "Pikachu asking her why she looks uncomfortable, and she says she feels like she's been watched," Ash answered. We all looked around but we didn't find anything or anyone outside.

"Pika," my Pikachu said in confusion as she tilted her head. "No one is here," Brock pointed out, "I think Pikachu will feel much better once we'll get inside the Pokémon Center."

"Yeah, let's go in," Misty said and we walked into the building. The place was empty, but could be just because of how late it was right now. Ash rang the bell on the counter and we waited for Nurse Joy. Brock looked at my Pikachu, "How you feeling now, Pikachu?"

My Pikachu smiled, "Pika." Me and my friends smiled at her and then looked up when Nurse Joy walked in, looking very tired. "Hey, Nurse Joy, sorry to wake you up," I said. "Do you kids know what time it is?" Nurse Joy scolded. "Sorry," Ash apologized. "We just got here," Misty said.

Suddenly the lights all turned off and we looked around in confusion. "What's going on?" Brock asked. "I have no idea," Nurse Joy said, "Oh no!" She quickly ran to the other room and we quickly followed her, getting inside a room where many Pokémon were in beds with glass on top of them, sleeping.

"What happened to those Pokémon?" Ash asked. "They're intensive care. If we won't get the power back soon... well, I just don't want to think about what will happen," Nurse Joy said. "Nurse Joy do something!" I said. Nurse Joy shook her head in sadness, "I don't know what to do."

"There's nothing she can do," Brock said. "Let's go!" Ash said and we ran out. We found Officer Jenny not far from the Pokémon Center, "Officer Jenny!" We ran closer to her as she was on the phone. "What is it?" she asked. "The power is out, including at the Pokémon Center, we need it back on!" I said.

"I'm trying to find out what's going on, but there's no answer at the power plant," Officer Jenny said. "We don't have much time," Ash said. "What is the power plant looks like?" Misty asked. "You can miss it," Officer Jenny said and pointed to the right, "It's the big building with the smoke stacks there."

"All right, let's go," Ash said and we took off running toward the power plant. "How much time do you think we have?" Misty asked. "Not long," I said, "Faster."