Chapter 61 - Showdown at the Po-ké Corral

A new day started with Emma and her Pikachu and Togepi visiting the girl's Pokémon in the Pokémon's play room, which was a huge room with a small garden and a huge pool for the water Pokémon to live inside. "Good morning!" Emma called with a smile.

Scyther, Tyrogue, Rapidash and Rhydon looked toward the door when they heard their trainer's voice. Poliwhirl, Tentacruel and Dewgong appeared in the pool, calling out. Gyarados appeared from behind them, roaring.

Togepi smiled as it jumped up and down before starting to walk toward all the Pokémon. "Don't get too close to the pool, Togepi," Emma said as the female Pikachu followed the Egg Pokémon.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

Emma looked behind her to see her brothers, Ryan and Danny walking in. "Hey!" she said with a smile. Ryan's Pikachu jumped from his trainer's shoulder and ran to the girl's arms, "Pikachu-Pi!"

"Hey, Pikachu," Emma said with a chuckle. Ryan ruffled her hair, "How was the journey?" he asked. "It was great," Emma answered as the male mouse jumped down from her arms to greet the young female Pikachu.

"Heard your friends are staying over," Danny said. "Yep, I haven't seen Dad yet, is he back?" Emma asked. "Yeah, he's in the living room," Ryan answered. "Okay," Emma answered.

The female mouse looked to where Togepi was when she greeted Ryan's Pikachu but looked around quickly when she didn't see it, "Pika?" Ryan's Pikachu looked to the pool to see the baby Pokémon walking toward it, "Pika-chu."

Emma's Pikachu looked toward the pool and ran toward Togepi, "Pi-Pi-Pi!" Togepi waved its hands around with a smile as it greeted Emma's Water Pokémon, "Togy." The female Pikachu pulled Togepi back and sighed, "Chu..." Emma finally looked toward them with Ryan and Danny. "Okay, time for breakfast guys," she said.

...................

"So, what's you kids plan to do today?" Alex asked Emma and her friends in the dining room. "Well, we were planning on going to Professor Oak's lab today," Emma said, "It's about the Pokémon League."

"I think it supposed to start in two months," Ryan said. "Two months?" Ash repeated. "Then you got plenty of time for training, so you better start today," Misty said. Ash frowned, "I know that." Persian stopped eating his food and turned to the window before running away as the others watched in confusion.

"What's up with Persian?" Emma asked. "Must have sensed something was off so he went to check it out," Hanna said. Emma looked at Alex as she remembered something, "Oh Dad, is Gary back in town?"

"Yeah, I saw him with Professor Oak earlier," Alex answered, "He's been asking about you." Misty smirked, "Was he asking about us or only Emma?" she asked as Ash glared at her. "Well... he did mention you three," Alex said.

There was an explosion outside which startled everyone. "What was that?" Alice asked as they all stood up. They ran out of the house to the backyard to see Persian surrounded by smoke that was clearing away and he was looking up to the sky.

"Persian, what happened?" Hanna asked. The Cat Pokémon turned to them and walked closer. "Did someone snuck in?" Jeffery asked and Persian nodded. Emma looked at the sky in confusion, "Guess Persian took care of them. Wonder who that could have been..."

After the kids finished eating breakfast, they headed to Professor Oak's. "Professor Oak, we're here," Ash said as they walked into the house. Professor Oak walked closer, "Oh! Hello there, it's great to see--" he turned his gaze to Togepi in Emma's arms and stepped closed, "A Togepi!"

The kids looked startled but then smiled slightly. "Glad you like it," Ash said. "Uh, is Gary still here?" Emma asked. Professor Oak cleared his throat as he stood straight and then he leaded them to the living room, "Yes, he is."