Chapter 66 - To Catch the Giant Onix!

With three weeks left until the Pokémon League competition, Emma to her annoyance found Ash in her house watching TV with Brock and the Pikachu instead of training. The girl walked closer and cleared her throat, "Ash, what are you doing inside?" Ash looked over to her and she continued, "You need to be outside training remember?"

"We watching one of the Elite Four battling," Ash said. "One of the Elite Four?" Emma asked. "Yeah, Bruno," Ash said as he looked back at the screen. Emma frowned as she looked at the TV, seeing the man throwing a Poké ball and a Hitmonchan appeared.

"Hitmonchan, Thunder Punch!"

The TV turned off and everyone looked confused before noticing Misty was holding the remote. The redhead girl looked slightly annoyed, "Couch potatoes." Ash looked at her in annoyance and stood up, "Hey! Turn it back on!"

"Ash, this isn't the time to watch TV," Emma said. "Yeah, aren't you going to do some real training?" Misty asked. "I was training," Ash said and Misty looked confused. "That was a video of Bruno, who happens to be one of the Elite Four Pokémon trainers, and the reason we were watching him so we could try to learn," Brock said.

"See?" Ash asked smugly. Emma raised an eyebrow in slight amusement, "And what did you learn from him?" she asked. Ash hesitated and rubbed the back of his head, "Well... we were just getting starting."

Danny walked down the staircase with a backpack, "Morning guys," he said as he started to walk toward the front doors. "Hey, where you heading off to this time?" Emma asked, noticing the backpack. Danny stopped and turned to face his sister and her friends, "Well, I'm heading to the Mt. Hideaway. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Mt. Hideaway?" Misty repeated. "Why there?" Emma asked. "Well, it's the place you can find giant Onix," Danny answered. "There's giant Onix?" Brock asked. Danny nodded, "Yeah, fertile soil makes them grow larger."

Misty frowned, "They must be scary," she said. "From what I heard, they not so scary," Danny told them with a shrug, "Since the weather is nice, the Onix should be up and around, I decided I'll go and see if I can catch one."

"Wow, that's cool," Ash said with a grin as he jumped to stand up. "Can we come with you?" Emma asked her brother. He shrugged, "I guess so, why not?" Ash grinned, "All right!"

...................

On their way to the mountain, Ash and Brock were already exhausted by the walking, so they were sitting on the ground. Danny was walking up ahead with his Primeape while Misty and Emma were behind with the boys. The girls looked at Brock and Ash with annoyance. "Come on, we didn't walk that long," Misty said.

"Yeah, let's keep up with Danny," Emma said. Ash glanced at the girls, "Maybe you two are tired, we can stop to rest if you want to," he said. "I wouldn't mind that," Brock agreed. Danny finally stopped and turned to face them, "You guys coming?"

"Yeah!" Emma called and she and Misty walked up the hill. Ash and Brock exchanged a tired look before getting up and following. "I'm tired and hungry," Ash muttered. "I'm exhausted and starving," Brock muttered as Misty and Emma exchanged a look and a smirk.

Both Emma and Ash's Pikachu ran up the hill together to walk with Danny and Primeape. Danny looked around before up to the sky when he heard his Fearow calling out as it flew closer. "Fearow, anything?" he asked and it called out before flying back to the direction it came from.

They all followed it and soon found a track that was maid by something big. "Look at that," Brock said in amazement. Danny stepped down on the track and kneeled to place his hand on the ground, "One of the giant Onix was here, it's not far from us since the track was made a few minutes ago."