Chapter 48 - Who Gets to Keep Togepi?

My friends and I were inside a Pokémon Center in a small town. We were in one of the phone booths, calling my family, I glanced over at the egg, which Ash was now holding for me, before back at the screen when my father answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dad," I said. "Pika-chu!" my Pikachu called happily. Dad smiled, "Hey kids, how's it been?" he asked. "Great, we wanted to show you something," I said before stepping away slightly. Ash held the egg closer, "Look at this."

"Wow, a Pokémon egg, where did you get this one?" Dad asked. "I found it not long ago, and Emma's been taking care of it," Ash said. "I see," Dad said with a nod. "Do you know what kind of Pokémon inside?" Brock asked.

Dad looked at the egg again for a moment before shaking his head, "No, I haven't seen this kind of colour before, sorry." He smiled, "But it's one of the things that are exciting about a Pokémon egg, you don't know what will come out of."

"I wonder when it will hatch," Misty said before she gasped in delight, "Do you think it could be a Tentacool?!" Dad smiled a small smile, "I'm sorry Misty, but I've seen an egg that a Tentacool was hatched from, and it's not that colour."

Misty pouted sadly and I chuckled as I looked back at my Dad, "Oh well," I said, "Is everything okay back home?" Dad nodded, "Yes, by the way, have you and Ash talked to Professor Oak?"

"Uh, no, not today, why?" I asked. "Well, he would like you two to call him, he wanted to talk to you two," Dad said. "All right, we'll call him right away," Ash said. "Say 'hey' to everyone for us," I said and Dad nodded. "Will do, have fun," he said. "Bye Dad," I said. "Bye!" my friends said together before I hung up and the screen turned off.

I dialed the Professor's number and we all waited for him to answer. After a moment, he answered. "Hey, Professor," Ash said. "Hello, kids!" the professor greeted, "How are you?"

"We're okay," I said. The professor suddenly was pushed down by Ash's Muk, "Will you behave?!" he asked. Ash chuckled, "I see my Muk is been taken care of." Muk was looking at us in delight as the professor tried to pull it away from him.

"Um, my Dad said you wanted to talk to us," I said. "Oh yes!" the professor said and looked at us from above Muk, "Have you heard about the new Pokédex upgrade?"

"Uh, no," I answered as Ash shook his head. "Well, now you can get details on all the latest Pokémon discoveries," the professor said. "Wow, how can we get it?!" Ash asked with a smile. The professor pointed down, "Just put your Pokédex into that slot, and I'll do it for you."

I pulled out my Dexter and placed it inside before looking over at Ash and pulled out his Dexter for him. "Okay, Emma yours is done," the professor said as my Dexter was sliding out and I took it. "Got it," I said and placed Ash's Dexter inside too. "Say what are you holding there, Ash?" the professor asked.

"It's a Pokémon egg, do you know what Pokémon is it?" Ash asked. "Um... we'll have to see after it will hatch," the professor said as Ash's Dexter slid out from the slot and I took it. "All right, professor, Ash's Dexter is out," I said.

"Okay, you two get a move on, and catch more Pokémon," the professor said as Muk was waving for us. "Don't worry Professor," Ash said, "We'll talk again soon." The professor nodded, "Good luck," he said before hanging up.

...................

My friends and I were sitting at a table outside in a small park, with all of our Pokémon out. Our map was lying on the table to see which way we should head off. I was cleaning the egg before looking over at Ash as he spoke, "Hey, Emma, when do you think that Egg will hatch?"