Chapter 42 - Face Your Bully!

My friends and I were taking a break in the middle of the forest. Ash and I decided to train. I was using Tyrogue for the first time while Ash was using Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip!" Ash called and two vines came out of the sides of Bulbasaur's bulb. "Tyrogue, Double Team!" I called and Tyrogue's body glowed white and created multiple copies of himself, which made Bulbasaur hit a copy. "Mega Punch!" I called. All of Tyrogue's copies disappeared, revealing the real one behind Bulbasaur. He jumped as he held his fist up, making it glow bright.

"Bulbasaur, look out!" Ash called. Bulbasaur dodged as Tyrogue landed on the spot, crushing his hand on the ground. "Tackle!" Ash called and Bulbasaur ran toward Tyrogue. "Dodge!" I called and Tyrogue moved away before he could get hurt. "Tackle!" I called and he quickly hit Bulbasaur, making the Seed Pokémon move backward from the hit.

"Good job, Tyrogue!" I called. "You okay, Bulbasaur?" Ash called and he nodded. "Okay, Tyrogue," I said and looked toward him but frowned in confusion when I saw he was looking to the side. "What's wrong?" I asked and followed his gaze to the bushes.

"What that?" Ash asked as my friends looked at the bushes too. A Rattata popped out from the bushes, running and it only stopped when it stood in front of Tyrogue and Bulbasaur. "Tyro, Tyro?" Tyrogue asked as both mine and Ash's Pikachu ran closer.

Rattata was talking to them all quickly and from what it looked like, that Pokémon was very worried. All four Pokémon looked at each other before quickly nodding when they looked at Rattata. Rattata turned around and ran away, with our Pokémon following. "Hey, where you guys going?" Ash called and we all quickly grabbed our bags before we ran after them.

They only stopped when they reach to a cliff. We panted and slowed to a stop. All the Pokémon looked at the end of the cliff. "Rattata!" Rattata called. My friends and I walked closer. "Rattata, you came back!" we heard a small voice and frowned as we walked closer quicker.

We looked over and gasped. A little girl maybe around six or seven, was hanging on a branch tightly. "Ah! Bulbasaur, use your vine to pull her up," Ash ordered and a vine came out of one side of Bulbasaur's bulb and reached toward the little girl. The vine wrapped around the girl's waist and pulled her up as she let go of the branch.

Bulbasaur placed the girl on the ground and pulled his vine away. "Thank you," the girl said. "Are you okay?" Misty asked, "Did you get hurt?" The girl shook her head, "No." She kneeled down and Rattata jumped into her arms, "Thank you for getting help, Rattata."

"How did you get down there?" Brock asked. "I got chased by mean kids," the girl said, "And when I got to the cliff I couldn't stop in time, and I fell." Ash looked angry, "And where are the kids?"

"They ran away," the girl answered as she stood up. "That's terrible!" Misty said. The girl shrugged and looked at Rattata, "I'm used to it." I frowned as I looked at her sadly, "How come they are picking on you?"

"I don't really know. I guess maybe because I live with only my grandparents," She said. "That's no excuse," Ash said before I could speak. "Where do they live?" He asked, "They need to learn a lesson."

"Pika-Pika!" his Pikachu agreed. "Okay, let's cool off," I said and looked down at the girl, "Do you live close by?" She nodded, "Yeah..." I placed my hands on my hips, "Let's take you home then, I'm sure your grandparents are worried. My name's Emma, those are my friends, Ash, Brock and Misty."

"I'm Lisa, and this is my best friend," Lisa said and held up Rattata. "Nice to meet you," Misty said as we smiled softly at the girl. "Come on, let's go," Brock said as Ash and I looked at Tyrogue and Bulbasaur and send them back into their Poké balls before walking off with Lisa.