Chapter 64 - Make Room for Gloom

Emma and her friends were eating breakfast together when Alice and Delia walked in. "Good morning kids," Delia said. "Hey, Mom," Ash said. "Hey Delia, hey Mom," Emma said. "What are your plans for today?" Alice asked. "We don't really know yet," Emma answered, "Have you spoken to Ryan and Jane?"

"No not today," Alice answered. "Oh Ash, since you taking a break from training, why don't you come home with me and help me in the garden?" Delia asked. Ash froze before quickly answering, "I--I am training! I got a lot of training to do today," he said. "Oh is that so?" Delia asked teasingly, "Where you training today?"

"Uh... well... today we'll be climbing up on the mountains for some really tough training," Ash said. "What?! You never mention mountains to us!" Misty said in annoyance. Ash gave her a look and leaned closer in annoyance as he whispered, "Just play along okay? And I'll explain when we'll get outside."

He looked at Delia and chuckled nervously as he stood up, "Sorry Mom, I'll see you later." He took Togepi into his arms and pulled Emma up from her seat, and dragged her toward the doorway, "Bye Alice, we'll see you later. Thanks for the breakfast Hanna!" The Pikachu, Misty and Brock quickly followed them, and Alice watched them go in amusement while Delia just blinked but then she smiled as she shook her head lightly.

...................

The kids were walking down a path that leaded them to the woods, there there was a greenhouse that Emma remembered been there a couple of times when she was younger. "What's that?" Misty asked, "It's huge."

"It's Xanadu Nursery," Ash answered, he as well was there when he was younger, only he was there more then a few, "My Mom and I used to come here all the time." Emma smiled, "So did I. I remember been here a few times with my brothers."

"I won't be surprise if we've met here when we were younger then," Ash said with a grin before looking at the place, "I'm surprise it's still in business, the man who owned it moved away a long time ago." Emma tilted her head, "I wonder who runs the place now."

"It sure full with a lot of beautiful things," Brock said as he looked through the glass, "Trees and veins, flowers and plants and..." he stopped talking when he noticed a very pretty young woman standing inside at the clearing, and ran closer to the glass, "That girl is more beautiful than any flower I've ever see!"

Ash looked at him in confusion, "What are you talking about Brock?" he asked, "I don't see any beautiful girl." Misty wrapped her arm around Emma's shoulder with a smirk, "Just turn around, you have one who's your girlfriend." Emma blushed, "Huh?!"

Ash turned to them and looked at Misty in annoyance, "Will you cut it off?!" he asked. "I saw her right there. Right there in that clearing," Brock said. Ash turned back around and looked to where he pointed only to find instead of a pretty girl, he found a Gloom. "That's a Gloom," Ash told him in boredom.

Misty and Emma walked closer and looked inside. "I don't see anyone inside besides Gloom," Emma said. "Brock I think you having a hallucination again," Misty said, slightly in annoyance. "No, I saw her, she was right there," Brock said.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

The four kids turned around to see a young man staring at them, holding a hose. They looked startled, thinking the hose was a flamethrower.

"Watch out."

"Is that a--"

"He's got a... flamethrower?!"

"Don't shot! We weren't doing anything!"

The man looked at them in confusion before moving the host to the buses and started to water it. The kids and the Pikachu relaxed. "That's just a garden hose," Emma said, embarrassed. "Feel better now?" the man asked with a small smile.