Chapter 29 - Haunter versus Kadabra

It was midnight by the time we were back to Saffron City with Haunter coming along with us. Ash and his Pikachu stood at the edge of the cliff as they looked down at the city. "We made it, Pikachu," Ash said as Haunter floated around me and my Pikachu as I smiled at it. "And this time, I know we're going to win," Ash said.

I looked at Misty and Brock, and noticed only Misty was the closes near me, while Brock was standing far away, looking nervous. "What's wrong, Brock?" I asked. "Uh... nothing," He said and I noticed he was staring at Haunter.

"What's the matter?" Ash asked. "Well... I think I maybe allergic to Ghosts," Brock said, "Kinda feel sort of dizzy."

"You're not scared, are ya?" Ash asked. "Ghost Pokémon are cute," I said and looked at Misty with a smirk, "So are bug Pokémon." She shook her head as she crossed her arms over her chest, "Nope." I petted Haunter on its head, to its delight, "That's okay, Haunter. Brock will get use to you."

"Haunter, in Saffron City, there's a trainer named Sabrina who uses psychic Pokémon," Ash said, "Ghost Pokémon are strong against psychic Pokémon, right? Will you help me defeat her?" Haunter nodded in delight, and Ash grinned, "Yes!" He looked toward the city, "That's Marsh Badge is as good as mine! Let's go."

...................

It was early in the morning, when we reached to the Gym. We looked at the building for a moment. "So... how bad is it?" I whispered to Misty and Brock. "Very bad," Brock whispered as Misty nodded.

"This time the joke's on her," Ash said as Brock, Misty, me and both mine and Ash's Pikachu stepped back. Ash suddenly turned to us in confusion, "Hey, what are you guys doing?"

"Go give it your best shot, Ash," Misty said. "We'll be here waiting," I said. "Yeah, let us know how it turned out," Brock said. "Pika," my Pikachu said. "Pika, Pika, Pi," Ash's Pikachu said.

"Stop goofing around!" Ash said, "Aren't you even coming in with me?" He looked at me, "You weren't in there before, why are you taking their side?!"

"Since what they told me, Sabrina sounds like someone I wouldn't want to deal with," I said. "Last time, she wanted to play with us, and pretended we were her bowling pins, remember?" Misty asked. "And she almost bowl a strike," Brock said.

"Now that I've got Haunter that won't happen again," Ash said as Haunter floated behind him. "I wouldn't be too sure about this Ash," Brock said, "What if Haunter is the one who controlling you?"

Ash blinked before chuckling. "Me and Haunter are pals," He said. The Ghost Pokémon nodded as it laughed. "Haunter isn't worried at all," Misty said. "It's pretty confident," Brock said. "You got nothing to worried about, with Haunter on my side, I'm guaranteed to win," Ash said as Haunter was disappearing and reappearing a few times. "Now, wish me luck."

"Good luck," Brock, Misty and I said together. Ash pulled out three of his Poké balls, releasing them out, "Charmander! Squirtle! Bulbasaur!" The three Pokémon stood near Ash as he pointed to the building, "Are you all ready to face Sabrina?"

The three of the Pokémon, including Haunter, agreed and they all walked toward the door. I exchanged a look with Misty and Brock before we all followed them inside.

We walked into a room and saw a young woman sitting at the end of the room on a arm chair. With the same girl that saved me from Team Rocket on the woman's lap, holding a Poké ball.

"Hey, that's that little girl," I said as Ash's Pokémon all stood with me, Misty and Brock. "That girl is a doll," Misty explained. "What?" I asked in shock. Ash stepped forward, "Sabrina, I've came back here to your Gym to demand a rematch."