Chapter 43 - The March of the Exeggutor Squad

As we were reaching to a small looking town, we noticing the people were gathering around. "What's going on?" I asked. "Let's go look," Ash said and we walked closer. As we got closer, we could hear music, and we pushed ourselves between the crowd.

"A carnival!" Misty said in delight as we watched a group of people dressed up and dancing. "Wow," Brock said as he gazed on a couple of women that were dressed up, "Look at all those beautiful girls."

"Check on the rids and shows," I said and looked at Misty, "We should go and take a look!" She nodded, "Yeah!" We both looked at Ash when he spoke, as he looked at Brock, "Let's go party!" Brock nodded, "Yeah!"

They both took off as Ash's Pikachu quickly jumped on my left shoulder while mine was on my right shoulder. "Uh..." I trailed off and looked at Misty, "Guess it's just us two, and the Pikachu." She shrugged and chuckled, "Yep." We walked away and headed toward the carousel ride.

...................

After a while of having fun on the rids, Misty, the Pikachu and I were looking for Ash and Brock as we were eating ice creams. "Should we get on one more ride?" Misty asked as she chuckled. "I had it! I quit!" we heard an angry woman's voice and looked to the side of a tent.

A man was kneeling down, begging, while a woman was next to him looking annoyed with her arms crossed over her chest, and a Pokémon by the name Exeggcute was on a box watching them.

Exeggcute is a Pokémon resembling six light pink eggs. Each head had a slightly different facial expression, but each face had triangular eyes with tiny black pupils and a small mouth. Each shell had some cracks, and one member of the bundle had its yellow insides exposed.

"Please don't leave, I promise to pay you as soon as I can," the man told her. "Then pay me right now," the woman said. "I can't just now, but I promise as soon as I get paying customers, I'll pay you," the man said and Exeggcute nodded.

"And just who do you think is going to come and watch your lousy show?" the woman asked as she placed her hands on her hips. "She's pretty mean," I muttered and Misty nodded. The man grabbed her leg, "Don't leave! I promise," he said.

The woman pushed him away, "I've heard your promises before." With that said she turned around and walked away. "Let's go," Misty said and walked toward the man. "Uh..." I trailed off but didn't follow. "Pika, Pika?" my Pikachu asked from my left shoulder. I crossed my arms over my chest, "I have a bad feeling."

Misty reached closer, "Excuse me, are you all right, sir?" she asked. The man sat up, "You're a kind young girl, aren't you?" he asked. Misty frowned, "Well, no, not especially." I smirked at that comment, knowing that if Ash was here right now he would agree on that, and she would have tried to beat him up.

"Will you help me out? I need your help so badly, and you'll be perfect," the man said before falling down. Misty kneeled next to him, "Pull yourself together." The man looked at her, "You are the only one who can help me now." I frowned and Misty moved away as the man sat up, "Please."

I walked closer with a sigh. I grabbed Misty's wrist and pulled her up to her feet. "I think we should go now," I said. The man stood up, "Please, wait, just listen." I raised an eyebrow and the man looked at Misty, "I would like you to become my assistant in my act."

"Huh?" Misty and I spoke together. Exeggcute all jumped up and down in excitement, and the man grabbed his hat from the grass and put it on. "I'm a magician, Melvin is the name," he said. "Hey," Misty said in hesitation. He held his fists out in front of us, "For you two." Two flowers appeared inside the fist and we took them. "Um, thanks," I said as Misty smiled.

"I'm not very famous yet but I'm working really hard on my magic act," Melvin said, "My dream is to have my own Las Vegas show run, and perform my magic act in front of a thousand of cheering fans. Won't you help me make my dream come true?"