Chapter 51 - Heads Up, It's Gyarados' Time!

My friends and I were sitting by the river. The water Pokémon (except from Misty's Psyduck) were all in the water, playing and having fun while Todd was taking their pictures. "Those are some great shots!" he said.

Togepi jumped up and down on the grass. "You want to go in, Togepi?" I asked and it nodded, "Togy." My Pikachu jumped into the water as Poliwhirl swam toward the Egg Pokémon. He took it into his arms before gently placing it on the water as Pikachu held her tail toward it. Togepi grabbed Pikachu's tail, letting her lead it away as Poliwhirl swam after them to keep on eye on Togepi as well.

"Seems like Togepi's having fun," Misty said as we watched the three of them. "Yeah," Ash agreed as Todd took a few pictures. Ash's Pikachu jumped into the water and took a hold of Misty's Goldeen, letting it take him away.

"Horsea!"

"Squirtle!"

We looked to the side of the water and saw Misty's Horsea and Ash's Squirtle next to my Magikarp, who looked like it was sick. "Magikarp?" I asked as I stood up. I ran closer with my friends and the Pokémon. "What's wrong?" I asked as I took it into my arms. "Are you feeling sick?" Ash asked.

"Magi... karp," it said tiredly. "Should we take it to the Pokémon Center?" Todd asked. "Is there is one around here?" Misty asked as Brock checked Magikarp. "I don't see the problem..." he trailed off before walking to his backpack, "Put Magikarp on the towel." I followed him and kneeled down to placed Magikarp on the blue towel that was lying on the grass.

"Pikachu?"

"Scyther."

"Togepry."

"Poliwhirl."

"Tyrogue."

I looked at my Pokémon to see they had followed and standing around me and Magikarp. I smiled at them, "Don't worry, guys. Let's see what Brock will say, I'm sure Magikarp will feel better in no time."

They nodded but I could see that they were still worried. Brock kneeled next to Magikarp and held out a fruit, "I don't think it's sick. I think maybe it's the symptoms for evolving."

"Evolving?" me and the others asked. "Some Pokémon have symptoms that show they about to evolve," Brock explained, "Some show tiredness. I guess it's means that Magikarp is going to evolve very soon." He hold the fruit closer to Magikarp's mouth, "Here Magikarp, eat this."

Magikarp eat the fruit as I looked at Ash when he spoke up, "Wow, that's so cool!" he said. His Pikachu smiled, "Pika-chu!" I looked at Brock, "So other than tiredness, Magikarp is okay, right?" He nodded, "Yeah."

I sighed in relief and looked at my Pokémon with a smile, "See? Magikarp will be all right." They smiled and nodded. Poliwhirl petted Magikarp, "Poliwhirl, Poliwhirl."

"Magi... karp," the Fish Pokémon said and it closed it's eyes. "It sure is tired," Ash said with a smile. "Pika-chu," his Pikachu agreed. Misty sighed, "I'm not ready for this."

"Mmm?" I hummed in confusion. "What do you mean? It will evolve into a Gyarados," Ash said. "I'm not a fan of Gyarados to be honest," Misty said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"But it's a Water Pokémon," I pointed out. "Yeah, but Gyarados are huge and scary," she said, "I don't like this one, Bug type--" she looked at Scyther, "No offense Scyther." She looked at me and the others, "And I also don't like carrots and peppers."

I blinked in confusion and looked back at Magikarp. "What will you do after it will evolve?" Misty asked. "What do you mean?" I asked as I looked at her. "Are you going to keep it?" she asked, "I mean Gyarados are really hard to train, you know. I don't want to go through what we went with James' Gyarados."