Chapter 19 - Electric Shock Showdown

I stared up at a sign holding the map of Kanto region with shaky hands. Ash, Misty, Brock and I all stared in relief and delight.

After two weeks of being lost, walking and sleeping out in the woods, we finally made it to Vermilion City!

"I can't wait to take a bubble bath!" Misty said. "Finally I can have a good rest on a real bed," I said with a chuckle. Misty grinned with excitement, "That too!"

"I'm going to find the Vermilion City Gym right now!" Ash said before trying to ran inside the City. Brock grabbed Ash's shirt from behind before I could, "Hold it!"

Ash looked at the three of us in confusion and Brock pointed down at both mine and Ash's Pikachu, who both looked very exhausted. "What's the matter?" Ash asked as he looked down at his Pokémon.

We both kneeled down and took our Pokémon into our arms before standing up. "Pikachu," Ash said. "They both must be hungry," Misty pointed out softly.

I handed my Pikachu to Misty gently before digging into my backpack. "We haven't eaten since last night, I don't have any food left," Brock said, "Emma?"

I shook my head with a sigh, "No. We should get some food and Pokémon food as well." Misty handed my Pikachu to me as Ash looked between mine and his Pikachu, "You guys hungry?"

Suddenly, his stomach made a growling noise and Brock, Misty and I raised an eyebrow at him. Ash looked at us nervously and chuckled, "I guess we all are hungry."

...................

My friends and I found the Pokémon Center, and stood in front of Nurse Joy's desk. Ash and I handed her both our Pikachu and our Poké balls. "They pretty hungry," I said about our Pikachu.

"We'll fix them right up," She said with a smile. I nodded and turned to my friends to see they were looking at her in confusion. "Yeah, another Nurse Joy," I said with a chuckle, "Just like there are many more Officer Jenny."

"Hurry!" We all looked to the front doors to see a boy running with a Chansey, who was pushing a a stretcher, with a badly beaten-up Rattata on it. "You'll be okay Rattata."

They ran past us as we watched. "That Rattata is in bad shape," Brock said. "What happened?" I asked. Nurse Joy stood up as she placed her hands on her hips, "Oh, it's the fifteen one that was brought this month."

"What?" Ash asked in shock. "Come with me," Nurse Joy said and leaded the way. We followed her into a room full of Pokémon that were hurt badly, lying on the beds, with their trainers sitting next to them.

"This is terrible," Brock said. "They've all lost to Lt. Surge, the Vermilion Gym Leader," Nurse Joy explained and I looked at her in shock. "Lt. Surge?" I asked. She nodded sadly, "Yes."

I sighed quietly, Oh great. One of Ryan's friends just happen to be the Gym Leader of this place.

We walked out of the room and headed back to the front desk. "He must be a great trainer," Ash muttered. "Well..." I trailed off, "He is pretty tough."

"Wait, you know him?" Ash asked as me and my friends stopped. "Well, he's my brother's friend," I admitted, "I just didn't knew he was a Gym Leader of this place."

"Think you can ask him to be gentle with Ash?" Misty asked with a smirk. "Hey!" Ash snapped at her. "Ash, Emma, your Pokémon are ready," Nurse Joy said and pointed the side.

We walked over to both mine and Ash's Pikachu, and all our Poké Balls. Our Pikachu were just finishing eating apples when we reached them. "Hey, Pikachu," I said.

Ash looked at his male Pikachu, "I hope you full 'cause we got to win big at that Gym today." Pikachu nodded, "Pi."

"Come on, let go win a badge," Ash said with a smile. "Please hurry!" A voice called and we all looked to see another trainer running with a Chansey, who was pushing a stretcher, with a badly beaten-up Pidgey on it. "Just hold on, Pidgey!" the boy called.