Chapter 18 - Mystery at the Lighthouse

Me and my friends were still heading to Vermilion City, but on the way, we got lost again. "The road got to be here somewhere," Ash said as I looked up at the orange sky.

"Everything somewhere," Brock said. "It's getting dark and now we're lost," I pointed out, "We need to find somewhere to spend the night." Misty looked sad, "We're going to stay the night outside again, are we?"

"Yep," I answered. Misty sighed, "Thanks a lot, Ash," she muttered sarcastically. "Hey, I didn't do anything on purpose," Ash said. Misty opened her mouth but I stepped in, "Okay, okay, let's all, calm down."

"Pikachu-Pi!" We heard my Pikachu calling and we looked to the side to see her and Ash's Pikachu pointing behind them. We looked over to see an empty beach. "Hey, why not spend the night there?" I suggested with a smile. Brock smiled, "That's a great idea."

...................

After settling in, Ash was sitting next to me on the sand, grinning down at his two gym badges, "Pretty impressive, huh?"

Misty looked over and raised an eyebrow, "You didn't earn those badges." I petted Ash's Pikachu as I looked over. "You got them just 'cause Brock and my sisters felt sorry for you," She said.

Ash glared at her as he stood up, "I did to!" Brock and I got up and stood between them. "Knock it off, guys!" I said. Brock looked at Ash, "Either way, you have two badges and six Pokémon, which will allow you to compete in the Pokémon league."

Misty crossed her arms over her chest, "Which all your Pokémon followed you, so you didn't really caught them."

Ash glared at her and I tilted my head. "Well, to be honest, there is nothing wrong with that," I said and shrugged, "I caught my three Pokémon since they wanted to come with me." Ash looked at Misty smugly, "See? At least there is someone here who is on my side."

Misty raised an eyebrow at him before letting a smirk slip, "I wonder how many Pokémon Gary has?" Ash glared at her, "Will you cut it out?!"

"Hey, about this Gary..." I trailed off. "Gary Oak," Ash told me. "Wait, Gary Oak?!" I asked. "Pika?" My Pikachu asked. "You know Professor Oak's grandson?" Ash asked, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Well, yes, but... how you talk about him doesn't sound like my Gary," I said as I tilted my head. "Pika-chu," My Pikachu agreed with a nod. "Your Gary?" Ash asked.

"Ooh, your Gary, huh?" Misty teased, nudging me on the arm. I slightly blushed, "Not like you think." Misty smirked, humming sarcastically. I shook my head, "Really, don't. He's my best friend since we were little."

"So you guys are close then," Brock stated. "Yeah," I answered, looking over at Ash with a frown when I saw he looked away from me. "How is he around you?" Misty asked. I looked at her with a smile, "Well, we always played together, he's kinda a softy one, but if we see him, don't tell him that."

Misty and I laughed before we stopped as we saw Ash starting to walk away. "Hey, Ash, were you going?" Brock asked. "To catch a Pokémon!" Ash called, "By myself, I need to be alone for a while."

We watched him go in confusion and I felt a tag on my jeans. I looked down to see Ash's Pikachu looking up at me. "Pika-chu," the male mouse said. I tilted my head in confusion, "Did I say something wrong?" I looked at Misty and Brock to see my redhead friend shaking her head.

"That was weird," Brock said as he crossed his arms across his chest. "Looks like it starting," Misty said with a smirk as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"What starting?" I asked. "You'll know one day," She answered with a wink. I looked at Brock questioningly but he just shrugged, not knowing what our redhead friend was talking about, either.