Chapter 7 - Welcome, Scyther

"Please, please, let me come," I begged Ryan. He let out a sigh, "Emma, I'm just gonna go get Uncle Norman from the airport. We'll be back in just a few hours," He informed. "See you later."

With that he walked out of the house and I let out a sigh. "Pika!" I looked up the stairs to see my Pikachu running down with Poliwag, laughing and having some fun. I smiled at them before walking outside. "Pikachu, Pi!" I stopped and turned around to see Pikachu running after me. She hopped to my shoulder with a smile, "Pikachu?"

"I'm going to the woods, coming?" I asked with a smile as Poliwag came to my side. They both nodded and Pikachu jumped off my shoulder before we started walking off. "Hold it!"

We froze and turned to my Mom. She walked towards us with her arms crossed and I saw Lena following her. "Where you three going?" Mom asked. "Um... The woods," I informed. "I'll be safe, I have Pikachu and Poliwag with me."

"Alright, but be back before dinner time," She said and I nodded, "Okay."

"Can I come with you?" Lena asked me with a big smile. My eyes grew wide and Pikachu froze, "Pika?!"

"I--I don't know," I said. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why not?" She asked with a sad voice. I rubbed the back of my head, "Well, it's just..." I didn't really knew what to say to her without hurting her feelings so I looked up at my Mom for some help.

She sighed before turning to Lena, "Honey, it's not safe for a girl at your age. Emma is much older than you so she can go," She said. "But Emma isn't that older," Lena said. "Okay, can I go now?" I asked Mom and she nodded.

"Great, see you later," I said before walking away with Pikachu and Poliwag. "That was a close one," I muttered and they nodded.

...................

I let out a sigh, dropping myself to the grass near the small lake while Poliwag swim around with Pikachu. I smiled, closing my eyes, "Now this is relaxing," I said. "Pika!" Pikachu agreed.

Suddenly, there was bushes moving and I opened my eyes before quickly sitting up and turned slightly. I got up as Pikachu and Poliwag quickly came to my sides. I walked to the bushes with my Pokémon following behind me and I stepped passed the bushes to see a big green Pokémon with two pairs of cream-colored wings extend from its back. It was breathing heavily and looked like it was wounded.

"Hey, there," I said softly, making it look at me, "Scyther?" It got up and stared at me with it's narrowing eyes and showing off its large, white scythes. "Wow, I won't hurt you," I promised but it didn't seem to believe me.

"Pika," Pikachu said, stepping in front of me with Poliwag as they stared at Scyther. "Scyther," The bug Pokémon said, glaring back at my Pokémon.

"No, we don't fight," I disagreed, stepping in front of the three Pokémon and I looked at Scyther, "You already look wounded, let us help you." I reached my hand to it but all of a sudden it hold one of its scythes, ready to hit me with it but suddenly, water was splashed at Scyther as I moved away.

"Pika! Pikachu, Pi!" My Pikachu said to Scyther as Poliwag stopped using water gun. Scyther breathed heavily again, falling to the ground on its kneels. I reached back towards it, placing my hand on its forearm before it quickly pushed my hand off, "Scyther."

"I know you don't trust me because I'm a human, but believe me I only want to help you," I explained. My Pokémon nodded their heads, confirming my statement. Scyther looked at them for a moment before at me as I slowly reached my hand back to its forearm. It tensed but didn't moved again, which made me let out a small sigh in relief, knowing Scyther giving me a chance.