Chapter 25 - The Ghost of Maiden's Peak

"Hey, look over there!" Misty called in the morning as we continued to sail off. We all looked to where she was staring to see a small island. "Great, that must be the Maiden's Peak," Ash said, "We'll be landing soon."

"It would matter to me if I wouldn't see a land again," Brock said, looking very down, "I just wasted another summer." Ash frowned, "But, we had a whole summer of adventure."

"For kids, summer means playing on the beach, splashing around, having fun, but for me... Summer means, bathing suits, and girls that wear them!" Brock said before kneeling down in sadness, "Now, bikinis season's over and I have to wait another year to meet a girl."

Ash looked at him in confusion while Misty looked annoyed and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. I looked at my two friends and shrugged, "He was fine yesterday." We looked back to the sea and I looked at the Island as we were approaching it. I noticed stands around and I smiled, "Hey, what's going on there?"

"Looks like there's a Festival going on," Misty said with a smile. "Can we check it out?" I asked. "Sure, why not?" Ash asked and we started to walk back to our room before stopping when we noticed Brock was still on the floor.

Misty looked angry, "Come on, Brock! Let's get our bags!" She grabbed him by the shirt and started to drag him away as Ash, me and our Pikachu followed.

...................

When the ship finally stopped at the dock, me and my friends got out and looked around. "Cool," Ash said. "I'll ride the Ferris wheel all alone," Brock said in sadness before looking to the side. "Oh brother," I said with a sigh. Brock looked shock, "Whoa, what a knock out!"

People from the ship were walking between him, walking to the Festival. Brock looked to where he was staring in confusion, standing next to mine and Ash's Pikachu, "Hey, she's gone."

Ash, Misty and I stood next to him. "Come on, Brock," I said. "Cheer up, we're at a Festival," Ash said. "Yeah, let's go have some fun," Misty said before she started to drag him off with us following.

As we were getting close to the Ferris wheel, I grabbed Ash's arm, "Let's go up to the Ferris wheel!" I dragged him with me as he chuckled. We reached to it and looked back at Misty and Brock to see they weren't following. "Hey, where did they go?" Ash asked and I shrugged.

We walked inside a booth and waited until it will start again. Both our Pikachu looked out the window as they were talking to each other. The Ferris wheel started to move and I looked out the window with a smile. "I've never been on a Ferris wheel before," I said. "Pikachu!" my Pikachu agreed.

"Huh? Never? How come?" Ash asked as he stood next to me. "Oh, uh, I never got the chance before," I admitted. "The thing is... well..."

"What's up?" Ash asked. I hesitated, "Nothing. I'll tell you one day." I looked down at my Pikachu and she tilted her head, as if she was hoping I would tell already about my family, "Pika-chu."

...................

After the Ferris wheel, we finally found Misty and Brock. Misty was looking very annoyed by Brock, "Would you stop?" Brock was looking down, "She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Ash, Misty and I looked at him in confusion. "Hey, you there," a voice spoke behind Brock, and he quickly turned around in excitement. "Are you the--" He stopped when we looked down to see an old woman looking up at him. Brock stepped back, "You're not that beautiful girl."

"Who's not beautiful?" the old woman asked, looking offended, "Beware, not of an old beauty like me, but a beautiful young woman, or you'll meet a cruel fate."