Chapter 56 - Beach Blank-Out Blastoise

The kids were running to catch the last ferry off Cinnabar Island. "No! Wait!" Emma shouted. "Wait! Don't leave without us!" Misty shouted. "Stop the boat!" Ash shouted as they run down the stairs.

"Hold on!" Emma shouted. "Hold on, we're coming!" Ash shouted. Before they knew it, a Pokémon ran on the shore, and it and Ash crushed into each other. "Are you two okay?" Emma asked both Ash and the Pokémon. "Oh, wow, a Wartortle."

Wartortle is a bipedal, indigo Pokémon similar to a turtle. It has brown eyes, a dark blue streak on each cheek, and two sharp teeth protruding from its upper jaw. It has three clawed fingers and pointed toes. On each side of its head are feather-like ears covered in pale blue fur. A brown shell with a pale yellow underside encases its body. A thick, white rim separates the upper and lower halves of the shell.

Ash quickly recovered, "A what?" he pulled out his Dexter as Wartortle rubbed it's head.

Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon. The evolved form of Squirtle. Its long furry tail is a symbol of its age and wisdom.

Wartortle started to speak quickly to the Pikachu, but they couldn't understand much. "What's it saying?" Ash asked. His Pikachu turned to the kids and jumped on Ash's belt, pressing a button on a Poké ball.

Squirtle was released and it looked at Wartortle. It started to speak to Squirtle and it looked startle. They exchanged a few words before Squirtle nodded and pulled out from it's shell it's sunglasses from it's days before meeting the group.

"The sunglasses?" Emma asked in shock. "We haven't seen those in a while," Brock said. Squirtle put on the sunglasses and exchanged a nod with Wartortle before they jumped into the water.

"Squirtle, where you going?" Ash asked. "Guess there's trouble," Emma said as she pulled out a Poké ball, "Gyarados, give us a hand here." The Atrocious Pokémon was released, and the kids climbed on his back. "Follow Squirtle, Gyarados!" Emma called and Gyarados swam after Squirtle and Wartortle.

"They sure in a hurry," Ash said. Emma spotted an island coming to their view, "Hey, what's the island?" she asked. "It's so small," Ash said. Brock looked at his map, "This island not even on the map."

Ash smiled, "Hey, it looks just like a Squirtle's shell," he said and pointed at it, "Full speed ahead, Gyarados!" Gyarados roared, swimming after Squirtle and Wartortle toward the island.

Once they reached the island, Squirtle and Wartortle took off running. Emma returned Gyarados into his Poké ball, and the kids quickly followed. "Wait up!" Ash said. They slowed to a stop when they saw shells lying around on the sand.

"What's going on?" Ash asked. "They're all Squirtle and Wartortle," Brock said. "I hope everyone's all right," Misty said. "We should check them," Emma said and Brock leaned on shell, hearing snoring coming from the shells.

"It's okay, they just sleeping," he said. "I don't get it," Ash said. Wartortle looked at the kids and spoke quickly before pointing at a bigger shell that was farther away from the rest. "That's a Blastoise," Emma said, and Ash pulled out his Dexter.

Blastoise, the Shellfish Pokémon. The evolved form of Wartortle. Blastoise's strength lies in its power, rather than its speed. Its shell is like armor and attacks from the hydro cannons on its back are virtually unstoppable.

The kids smiled. "This is our lucky day! I got to get up close to it," Ash said. "Be careful, Ash," Emma said as Ash ran toward it. Brock placed one hand on his hip, "It's either asleep or it practicing it's withdrawal attack."

Emma raised an eyebrow and sighed. Ash hugged the shell, "I've been waiting for such a long time to met you Blastoise!" He smiled but then his eyes slowly closed, and he fell down.