Chapter 6

A/N

I haven't done this in previous chapters but I've chosen a song that I think really goes with this chapter :)

It's called Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers and I always imagine Demi singing it, putting a little twist of her own on it..

Enjoy :)

Love you always

L x

----------------------------------------------

~Demi

"You're worth it Leah." I whispered.

I could feel her hand shaking in mine and my heart nearly broke. If I could take the sickness I know she was feeling I would in a heartbeat.

My arms were wrapped around her waist, filling me with warmth as I relished her closeness. I felt selfish feeling this way when she felt nauseous but she brought out feelings in me that I've never felt before, and I wasn't giving them up easily.

I started to sing softly, my voice lilting ever so slightly as I held her close. I've loved Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers ever since I was a little kid and the lyrics came back to me naturally.

Oh my love my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me

Lonely rivers flow to the sea to the sea
To the open arms of the sea
Lonely rivers sigh wait for me wait for me
I'll be coming home wait for me

Oh my love my darling
I've hungered hungered for your touch
A long lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me

I felt her relax into my embrace as I sang the last lingering note, swaying lightly as I poured my heart and soul into the lyrics. I reached up and gathered her hair which had fallen onto her face, pushing it behind her shoulder.

"Come on, you're exhausted." I told her as I slowly stood up. I hooked my hands under her arms and pulled her up with me, steadying her as she swayed a little on her feet. She turned to me and met my gaze.

"Thank you Demi. For keeping me strong.. If you hadn't been here I don't think.." She trailed off and I pulled her in for a hug, wrapping my arms around her shoulders securely.

"We're keeping each other strong, Leah," I murmured as she squeezed me tightly, "we've found someone who we can be strong for."

I drew away and smiled, admiring her clear skin and the way it contrasted with her dark red hair. I took her hand and led her back into the bedroom. I laid her down on her bed and stroked her hair.

"The withdrawal won't be so bad tonight," I told her as she gazed up at me, "you'll be able to sleep tonight."

I got up to walk over to my own bed when I felt a hand grab my wrist.

"Wait."

I turned back and almost lost myself in her mesmerising eyes which were giving me a pleading look.

"Sleep with me," she whispered and My knees almost buckled in shock. She seemed to realise what she just said and quickly corrected herself, blushing deeply.

"Sleep in my bed.. Please?" She rephrased and I nodded silently. She moved back as I kicked off my shoes and climbed under the covers with her. Unsure what to do, I lay awkwardly beside her until she pulled herself closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist from behind and nestled her head against mine.