Chapter 12

Hey :)

Im writing this on my computer and I'm really not used to it so I apologise if the spacing is weird or anything like that :( I normally write this on my phone but it's acting up so I cant use it! I can't really tell how long the chapter is bc I'm really not used to this :( Anyway, I didnt really like this chapter but I hope you do :)

Stay strong, I know you can do it :)

L x

@shadowlovatic

----------------------------------------------

~Leah

I woke up properly as soon as Demi left the room. The silence was eerie and I closed my eyes again, trying to soothe my hyperactive mind. It was buzzing like crazy with millions of thoughts droning through my skull. I hadn't told Demi but my cravings for a fix of Ket were really hitting me hard. I couldn't remember the last time I had gone this long without it but my body was reacting to finally getting clean. And it was making damn sure I knew all about it.

My stomach felt heavy from the food I had just eaten which was making matters worse. My diet had been pretty intense here and I noticed myself putting on weight, my bones becoming less prominent under my skin. I wish I could say I was glad. But old habits die hard.

I must have dozed off again as I heard Demi come back in the door. Stretching, I rolled over to face her as I felt the mattress sink under her weight as she climbed in beside me. Her hand found her way to mine and she intertwined our fingers together as she snuggled up beside me, tucking my head under her chin.

"You were gone for so long, I missed youuuu." I whined dramatically, causing her to roll her eyes. Did I mention how gorgeous her eyes were up close?

"Yeah right," she retorted sarcastically, "you were totally out for the count when I left, you probably didn't even notice." I gasped in mock offence.

"You're so hurtful Dems, why don't you have any faith in me?" I teased and she cocked her head a little and smiled down at me. I giggled nervously when she didn't say anything and just kept gazing at me with a strange look on her face.

"What did I say? Was it something I said? I swear I was only joking, you know I-" She cut me off with a slight shake of her head.

"No, it's nothing bad.. I just like that name." I frowned at her confused.

"Which name? Dems?" She smiled even wider and nodded.

"Yeah.. 'Dems'... I like the way it sounds when you say it. Your accent makes anything sound cool." She admitted, turning slightly pink. I laughed softly and pulled her closer to me, craning my neck up so I could peck her on the lips.

"Well then Dems," I replied softly, deliberately drawing out her name, "I'm gonna have to call you that more often amn't I?"

She gently kissed me back, her perfect lips caressing mine. Her hot breath danced across my skin giving me goosebumps as she pulled away. The feeling of her lips on mine kept the hunger for a fix at bay. I nestled my head into the crook of her neck as she gently ran her fingernails through my hair. I let out a little moan of appreciation.

"That feels really good." I said and she kissed the top of my head.

"My mom always used to play with my hair when I was smaller," she said softly, reminiscing over her childhood. "I always felt so relaxed whenever she did it, it was like she pulled bad thoughts right out of my mind."

"What kind of bad thoughts?" I asked her. Her hand stopped moving for a second and she took a deep breath.

"Well.. I was never really the happy-go-lucky girl that everyone always thought I was. I remember when I was seven and I was standing in front of my mirror after having a shower.. And I just kept staring at my stomach and my thighs and I kept running my hands over them thinking "I'm so fat, why do I have to be so fat?"