Partner Pokemon

Adeline

She had to hurry, she reminded herself as a pair of cute Spritzee frolicked nearby. So cute, she thought longingly but she tore herself from the duo. Today she'd get the partner pokemon she always wanted.

  This would be the last day too, she reminded herself sadly. If she reached Lumiose City fast she'd get her pokemon and maybe catch a few pokemon before she had to leave. At only nine years old she had begged and pleaded with her Mom and Professor Sycamore about it wasn't fair.

   After all the Kalos Region was her dream with it's beautiful country side and fashion. She wanted to become the Kalos Queen and be a Coordinator ! Alola certainly did not have that ! So after weeks of begging and pleading she won...and with sore knees, she added with a wince as she sprinted once she saw Sycamore's research center.

"I'm here !" She announced as she opened the door. "You must be Adeline," The Professor greeted with a tired yawn. She had gotten up really early in hopes of catching a few pokemon.

"Yup," She replied as she adjusted her ribbon hat. "Everybody out," The Professor called. A blue haired woman and three of the Starter pokemon bounced into view. So cute !

"These are the Kalos Pokémon trainers may choose from," The Professor began "Fennekin, Chespin and Frokie. Which pokemon will you choose as your partner ?"

"So cute."  "Before you make your decision, this is your Pokedex, here," The Professor handed her a red pokedex. "Wow, thank you Professor," She said as the Pokedex beeped. 'If you point that Pokedex at a pokemon it will search for it automatically."

  Pointing it at the cute Fox pokemon the Pokedex expanded to reveal information.

 "Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon. Fennekin expels hot air that can reach nearly 400 degrees. It likes to snack on twigs."

"Amazing, your next," Pointing the Pokedex at the grass type.

"Chespin, the Spiny Nut Pokémon. Chespin can flex the soft spikes on its head, making them so stiff and sharp that it can even pierce through stone."

  "And last but not least the water type," She announced dramatically at the frog pokemon.

"It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings."

Wow, this Pokedex will become really handy. "I've always known who I would choose for my partner and that would be." Taking a step toward Fennekin she lowered herself. "Fennekin, I pick you, I'm Adeline."

"Fen !" Fennekin replied with a smile.

Later

She raced through the woods, trying to find wild pokemon. Ever since she could remember she had made a list of all the pokemon she knew of that were here in the Kalos Region she knew she wanted. The Stylish Groomable Furfrou, The Purfume Pokémon Spritzee, The Cute Dratini who evolved into the elegant Dragonair.

"Ah !" She screamed in surprise as she fell down a hill. "Fen !" Her pokemon cried. "I'm okay," She replied on reflex. "Bun !" A startled pokemon cried. Taking out her new Pokedex she pointed it at the rabbit looking pokemon.

"Bunnelby the Digging pokemon. They use their large ears to dig burrows. They will dig the whole night through. Digging holes strengthens its ears so much that they can sever thick roots effortlessly."

"It say's here it's a normal type," She informed Fennekin. It was mainly gray with some brown, while small those large ears looked rather powerful but Bunnelby was not cute, especially since she had a stuffed Bunneary doll on her bed.

"Use Ember and scare off Bunnelby," She ordered. At this Fennekin blasted the Normal type with the fire type move. "Bunn !" The pokemon cried in pain. The move must have been really effective since the pokemon hopped away as fast as it could.

"That was great !" She cheered.

Much later

No luck ! After running in with Caterpie, A Beedrill (Horrible) and even a lame Bidoof, they had zero luck running into any of the pokemon she really wanted. "Why couldn't it be a Skitty," She complained as she dragged herself to a lovely looking river.

  "Fen," Her pokemon agreed before taking a sip of water. The river was crystal clear and was so pretty. "Maybe we should try catching a water type," She said doubtfully. Fire was weak against grass and while she had hoped of finding a cute Budew....

They weren't by the sea so the possible water types would be narrow, She theorized. Going downstream she scanned the river for pokemon.

    "Karp ! Karp ! Karp !" A dull sounding pokemon repeated. You have got to be kidding me ! Of all the bad luck she was stuck with a Magikarp that was dumb enough to get itself stuck on a bank !

Pointing her Pokedex it informed her :

"Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon. Because all Magikarp seem to do is splash around, some consider them weak, but they're actually a hardy Pokémon that can survive in water no matter how dirty it is. It jumps very well and can evolve into Gyarados."

"Wait, did it say, 'Gyarados' ?" She questioned doubtfully. Gyarados was well known as being fearsome and powerful. Checking her pokedex she reviewed it's data carefully at once again it mentioned evolving into a Gyarados.

Checking personal data it was at Level 15 and knew Splash and Tackle. "Okay, not the most powerful but it's close to evolving," She consoled herself. "Okay, Fennekin, Use Scratch !" She ordered.

   "Fen ?" Her pokemon replied doubtfully. Even Fennekin sensed this pokemon was weak and pitiful. "Attack it," She replied. Okay, her pokemon seemed to reply right before launching herself at the pokemon and scratching it.

  Weaker now she brought out a Poke Ball and threw it. It wasn't much of a fighter as the light barely flashed before the Poke Ball gave the signal the former wild pokemon was caught. "Okay, now I have a Magikarp," She replied with a sulk.

  With all most half a day lost she was sad. It  was very close, they would be leaving and all they caught was the weakest looking pokemon. "Ralts," A pokemon uttered a said cry. Looking up she saw a tiny humanoid looking pokemon she knew was a Ralts.

"Fennekin ! Quick use Ember then Scratch !" She ordered swiftly. Not missing a cue her pokemon blasted the Psychic Fairy pokemon. As it cried in surprised pain Fennekin moved in for the final blow and scratch the tiny pokemon.

  Too weak to fight back now she took advantage and tossed a Poke Ball. With a sound hit the Feeling Pokémon was in her poke ball, weakly fighting against it until the sound she was beginning to love enounced she had caught a Ralts.

"Yes ! We caught a Ralts !" She celebrated with a jump. "Fennekin !" Her pokemon cheered.

"Beep ! Beep !" Her Poke Gear rang. "Yeah ?" She replied as she answered. "Adeline, It's time for you to start heading home. Did you catch any pokemon ?" Her Mom asked. Feeling down she replied," Yes."

   "Honey, We'll be coming back," Her Mom replied knowingly. That was right, Mom was going to keep their beautiful villa home. Lovingly dubbed the Lavender Villa as the courtyard had Lavender and Sweet Pea decorating it.

   It's not the end of the world, We'll be back, She reminded herself. "Okay, I'll be there soon," She replied as she already felt Home Sick.