Chapter Four

When I jump I just relax and as I go down the whole I realize there is a net, I was right something did catch her. I hit the net with so much force it sends a sharp pain through my back, then I notice a hand grab me, I look at the person who grabs me, and it's Tobias? He helps me out of the net then looks at me in the face really good and then whispers in my ear, "We'll talk later."

     I'm surprised he remembers me considering I've grown a foot these two years. "Wow, this is amazing two Stiffs are the first two to jump, congratulations you two." Says Tobias. All of a sudden all the Dauntless start shouting and patting us on the back. Automatically I think I have to get out if here, because I'm  claustrophobic. After all the people have jumped Tobias leads us down a narrow tunnel and if you haven't noticed I'm not very sociable so I don't talk to anyone.

     Everyone stops all of a sudden. "This is where we divide, the Dauntless-born initiates are with me. I assume you don't need a tour of this place." She says and beckons the Dauntless-born initiates to follow her.

     Tobias speaks to us next. "Most of the time I work in the control room, but for the next few weeks, I am your instructor," he says. I'm surprised to hear he works with electronics. "My name is Four." He continues.

       A girl from Candor yells out, "Four? Like the number?" I knew that as a big mistake Tobias hates to be interrupted .

    "Yes, is there a problem?"

    "No."

    "Good. We're about to go into the Pit, which you will someday learn to love. It-"

     The Candor stickers. "The Pit? Cleaner name.

     Tobias I can tell is angry, he walks up to herb and leans his face close to hers. I can tell this isn't going to be good.

     "What's your name?" He asks so silently I can barely understand.

     "Christina,"the girl squeaks.

     "Well, Christina if I wanted to put up with Candor smart-mouths, I would have joined their faction," he says a bit angrily, but I've learned Tobias as someone who holds his anger. "The first lesson you will learn from me is to keep your mouth shut. Got that?" I think I see the girl nod. Then we follow him down a dark hallway.