Chapter Nine

I walk beside Tris on our way to lunch. I notice Tris massaging her hands and shoulders. "Did shooting guns hurt you?" I ask.

     "Yes. Why didn't it hurt you?" She asks. I honestly think it's obvious, it's because I have more muscle than her. "Never mind I already know the answer. I'm weaker than you and your bigger...in a good way."

     "Ok. I was about to take that offensive." I chuckle.

     "I never knew you to be social. Why are you so social now?"

     "I decided to change since I'm in a new faction." That was a lie, the truth is I'm not under the abusive power of Marcus anymore. When we get to the cafeteria I go and sit down next to Christina. "Hey girl."

     "Hey Dawn. A bit happy today aren't we?" She asks confused.

     "Who wouldn't be. Considering she's a Stiff and she was the first one to hit the middle." answers Al, abit angry.

     I just ignore it and start eating. "Oh, come on. You don't remember me? We were in Math together just a few days ago. And I'm not a quiet person."

     "You got that right." I mumble. Surprisingly she doesn't hear me.

     "I slept through Math most of the time. It was first hour!" he said. I notice Tris just sitting there and Christina notices too.

     "Tris do you remember ever taking a class with me?" asks Christina. Tris just sits there like she didn't hear. "Tris. You in there?" Christina says snapping her fingers in front of Tris' face.

     "What? What is it." she asks. I just chuckle and Al looks at me and smirks.

     "I asked if you remember ever taking a class with me? I mean, no offense, but I probably wouldn't remember if you did. All the Abnegation looked the same to me. I mean, they still do, but now your not one of them." she explains. Christina needs to be quite sometimes. I notice Tris giving her a weird look. "Sorry, am I being rude? I'm used to just saying whatever's on my mind." She's got that right considering she made Four go off on her. "Mom used to say that politeness is deception in pretty packaging."

     "I think that's why our factions don't usually associate with each other." she answers and that's actually right.

     "Can I sit here?" asks Will. Tapping on the table.

     "What, you don't want to hang out with your Erudite buddies?" asks Christina. I kick her under the table signaling to her to be nice. "Oww. What was that for?" I nod my head towards Will.