Chapter 14

************

It was the next morning and I was now getting ready for school. I was in the bathroom putting my hair in a braid and when I finished I threw my shoes on.

 I was in the bathroom putting my hair in a braid and when I finished I threw my shoes on

I walked out the door and down the stairs. When I reached the bottom step I felt Siri physically pull me against the wall so I wouldn't be seen by whoever she wanted me to hide from.

I groaned " What the hell is your- " She cut me off.

" Shh listen " She said and I could feel her strain my hearing to the point where I could hear the neighbor across the street eating breakfast. She focused my hearing to the sound waves that were coming from the kitchen I believe. I could hear my mother and father whispering.

" Robert I am about to draw the line "

" What's the problem now? " 

" I just got a phone call from the principal saying that Iris has been expelled and that she is no longer able to enter the school. Hell, she's not even aloud to be on school grounds or 10 feet away. They got a restraining order. " 

I heard my father sigh " What did she do to get kicked out anyway? "

My mother scoffed " Let's see she grabbed a boy by the neck and rammed it into the locker on the first day, she picked a girl up by the neck and threw her against a wall causing her to go to the hospital, she shattered all the mirrors in the girls bathroom, her boyfriend is a criminal and the other day she was walking around the school with another criminal who sent threats to the other kids. Is that enough for why she got fucking expelled. "

" Is there anyway they could take her back? " 

" You know they won't. They only took her because of her grade point average which was higher than the average student, hell any student for that matter. Every other school won't take her because of her school record. This is just adding to the list of terrible shit she's done. "

" We'll just have to sign her up for online then " My father said.

" You really think I'm going to let her stay in this house all day when we're not here? Do you really think I'm going to agree to all of this? " 

" You have no choice but too " He said and he started walking towards the stairs. I stood still as tears started pouring out of my eyes. I didn't know it was that bad. My father rounded the corner and stopped when he made eye contact with me which made his eyes soften. I looked down as I wiped some tears away from my eyes. I looked back up at him as more started to fall.

" I'm s-sorry dad " He looked taken back by the statement. 

He sighed " It's not your fault sweetheart " I sniffled and continued to wipe my tears away.