Chapter 21

" Can she be my friend? "

" Yes! I-I mean of course she can. We have somethings to discuss and I think you should take Iris to your special room or whatever you call it " He said muttering the last part. She smiled and grabbed my hand.

" Let's go " 

Logan gave me a kiss on the head and a pat on the butt. I stood up and she pulled me out of his hold and towards the door. Jack and Heath followed behind us and she groaned.

" Dick heads " I looked back at them to see them rolling their eyes as they smiled. We walked down the long hallway and I turned to Avelyn.

" H-hi " She turned to me and smiled.

" Hey " 

" Um.. This is kinda weird but why exactly did you want to be friends? " I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

" I don't know. You're pretty, you're badass, you look like you don't talk to many people. I kinda had a feeling we'd connect and you could be a potential friend " I laughed as we entered the back room. I looked around in awe.

" This is your office? " I asked as I turned to her

" Yes well, I share it with Johnny. This whole room was supposedly his office but the boy doesn't need this much space. Isn't that right Johnny? " 

" Yes mam " I jumped as Johnny poked his head out from computer screen in the corner. She walked over to him and handed him a credit card.

" Two vanilla ice coffees and two glazed donuts. " She kissed his head and walked over to the sofa. He blushed as he grabbed his sweater and left the room. I looked over to her as she was giggling as she shook her head.

" You like him " I asked as I sat next to her.

" No. It's not like that. He has a girlfriend and he's extremely loyal to her. I just like to tease him for my enjoyment. " I nodded my head and she grabbed her phone.

" So the governor.. or grandad... is your uncle? " She nodded her head.

" Yeah my dad who is his brother had me with my mom while they were both 17, in high school and they didn't particularly want me so my uncle Declan who was already 30 or 31 at the time, decided to take me and raise me himself. And now here I am 16 years later. "

" Do you still have contact with them? " I asked as I genuinely wanted to know.

" Nah. They tried to come back into my life a couple years ago when my Uncle went into politics and ran for governor. Clearly he won and ever since then, they've been trying to contact me or him. I guess they need money but who knows. I could careless. " 

Johnny came in with the food and we smiled as he sat it on the table and he went back behind his desk.

" What about you? I'm sure with all the meaningless shit people have to say about you and your 'friend' get to your parents some way. "