Chapter 20

" Where are we going? " I asked as Lucky sat me in the seat next to him in the SUV. Logan got in the driver's seat as Doc sat in the front.

" To see the governor " Logan replied. 

" Why are we going to see him? " The twins also got in the back and closed the door. He started the engine and drove off.

" To discuss.. some things. " I nodded my head as I laid it on Lucky's shoulder. After about 10 minutes I spoke to Siri.

" Hey " 

" Hello Iris "

" Whatcha doin? "

" Well you can obviously see I'm doing nothing "

" I guess I can see that " I giggled softly and Lucky turned to me and eyed me suspiciously. I gave him a dimple filled grin and he went back to his phone grinning as well.

*************

We reach city hall and Logan parked right in front even though it said reserved parking. They all stepped out of the car and I got out as well. All the guys had some type of weapon in their hands and two really buff guys with tattoos got out of another SUV that was behind ours and they followed us in. I noticed that they were carrying guns as well. I clinged to the back of Logan's shirt and he looked back at me.

" What's wrong baby? " 

" Must they really walk around with weapons? I mean the two in the back are just over doing it for me " He laughed as we enter the building.

" We don't know if the governor want to play any tricks before we talk and Landon and Nathan?  They're harmless... Well to you of course. " I nodded my head as I looked around. I could see people looking at them in complete fear. The receptionist in the corner was nervous as she pick up her phone and dialled a number quickly. Siri focused my hearing on her and I could hear the beating of her heart.

" S-sir you're 12 o'clock appointment is h-here. " I didn't get to focus on the rest because we were entering the elevator. Logan pressed the top floor and we started going up. I drew small patterns on the front of his shirt as we waited and it finally dinged as we reached the 6th floor. There was a hallway with a few doors and a very big one at the very end. We walked to the door and Logan knocked and someone said come in. We stepped in and saw the governor turn around in his seat and chuckle.

" Logan my boy, is it really necessary to bring weapons each time you visit me? " He smiled as he stood up. He looked to be around his late 20s but I already knew he was in his late 40s.

 He looked to be around his late 20s but I already knew he was in his late 40s

" Yes it is. You may be like a father to me Declan but I won't think twice about pulling the trigger " He winked at him and Declan rolled his eyes. As he did they made their way over to me.