four

Chapter 4
---------------

I wake to the sound of everyone getting ready and get ready myself. We all head down to the training room.

"Today we will teach you how to fight. So pair up. There is an odd number of you so one of you will go with me." Eric tells us. Everyone finds a partner. Except me. I sigh in frustration. I do not want to go with Eric. He looks about ready to kill me. Eric doesnt seem like the kind to take it easy on someone. Hes just plain vicious. I see Four examining the other groups and telling them what to improve and other stuff. Eric walks up to me.

"Amity, huh?" he asks me. I nod my head.
" Ok so you have to have your body like this." he says showing me the position. I imitate it as best as I can.
"Ok next. You're kind of small. You can punch but I would suggest kicking and elbows." I look at him, wondering how he could have a job like this. No one fights for real yet because we arent supposed to. He fake swings at me and I go backwards, my fingertips brushing the floor. I come back up and fake punch him.

"Pretty good." he says after a while of us fake fighting.

"Alright! This board will tell you who you are going against. First fighters, Amber and Grace." Four yells. Everyone breaks away from their partners and the two girls go in the center of the room and get ready to fight. Amber, the first jumper, swings at Grace and her hand connects with Grace's jaw. Grace groans and stumbles back. She grabs Amber by the ponytail and slams her head on her knee. Amber yelps and kicks Grace in the shin, making her fall over. Amber repeatedly kicks Grace. Blood slowly comes out of Graces mouth which each kick. Soon Grace is unconscious. I watch in horror as Eric claps.

"Thats how its done." he says. Four calls the next two people. Me and some kid named Mark. I step forward onto the platform and so does Mark. I take a deep breath and kick his knee. He falls forward but soon comes back up and punches me in the face. I feel dizzy and stumble a bit. He swings again and this time he hits me in the stomach and I fall backwards. Things still spin. I get up and knee him where it counts. He groans in pain and falls to the ground, protecting himself against anymore knees to that area. I wait for him to get up so its a fair fight. He gets up and sweeps my legs and I fall backward hard on my butt. He smirks a bit and I get up once more and lunge at him. I grab his shins and he falls backward. I pin him down, my knees on both sides of him and punch him multiple times until he goes out. Unconscious. I get up off him breathing heavily and Four puts a line through Marks name.

I get off the platform and watch as other initiates fight. The whole time Eric is grinning and it looks like hes grinning at me. I roll my eyes and go back to the dormitory. Im too horrified at myself for what I did to that guy Mark to eat. Shortly after thinking about it all, I fall asleep.