fourteen

Chapter 14
----------------

"How did you even get to me?" he asks still carrying me. I have my arms wrapped around his neck and Im curled up against his chest.

"Four brought me to you." I mumble.

"I might actually thank him." he says sighing.

"Really?!" I say to him.

"No." he simply replies. I get out of the position Im in. He doesnt know I heard what he said this morning. So its best like I still act like I dont know hes actually enjoying it. I feel him tense up and I think he might be angry that I did that.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"Mhm just perfect." I roll my eyes at his comment. He kicks open the door to his apartment and puts me on the bed. I have a feeling that the nights I really were unconscious, he probably slept in the bed with me. But now that Im aware of things that are happening, he probably wont sleep with me. Just as I suspected, he sleeps on the one couch thats in his room. His room is big, its like the size of my house back in Amity. Its hard to think that I used to live in Amity.

"Eric." I call for him. He gets off the couch and sits at my feet.

"What do you need."

"Can you take off the gauze for me?" I ask. He smiles a little bit at me and removes the gauze from my arms first. Then he carefully removes the ones on my neck. He looks at my tattoos for a minute, his eyes glittering.

"You look better with those." he says. I laugh a little bit but it hurts so I stop. He looks at me sadly but tries to mask it. I hate when people pity me.

"Lets see yours." I say. My throat still hurts like hell. He tilts his head to the side and I remove the gauze on the right side. Then the left. Finally I take the ones off his arms.

"I was saving them for you to take off." he says to me. The ones on his arms look like mazes so I run my finger lightly over it trying to solve the maze. But its impossible. Just like him in a way. Everytime my finger runs over his skin, goosebumps rise under them. Im younger than him so he probably finds what Im doing childish.

"When do I go back to training?" I ask.

"Once I let you." he says.

"Why?"

"Because right now you're under too much. And its just going through Laurens fear landscape. We can go through mine if you really think you need to go through someones landscape. We'll be doing landscapes for a while so if you miss a few days thats fine." he mumbles. I smile at him and curl up next to his pillow. He smiles and goes to the couch. I let my body drift off into its favorite state. Sleep.