five

Chapter 5

---------------

We are all woken up in the middle of the night.

"Get up! All of you! Lets go! Theres a train to catch!" Eric bellows. He stands in the doorway of the dormitory and everyone jumps up to get dressed. I hop down off the top bunk in which I sleep, and pull out clothes. I take off my night shirt, leaving me in a bra, and I feel too exposed. I quickly pull on my black shirt and put my jacket on over it. I hesitantly take off my pants, but soon realize no one is paying attention to me, and I put on my black ones. Black shirt, black jacket, black pants, and I put on my black boots. I didnt choose the colors Dauntless wear. When I look over my shoulder, Eric is still leaning against the doorway, arms crossed, and wearing the faintest smirk, even I almost did not catch. That means this whole time he could see me. I tell myself that he didnt and try to walk past him in the door way, but he grabs my arm gently.

"You sure dont fight like Amity. Thats good, so keep it up." he says and lets me go. I walk away from him and head to the train.

----------------------------

Four passes out guns to all of us when we are on the train.

"These are paintball guns. They dont hurt you. We will be playing capture the flag. Im captain of one team, Eric the other. As you can all see, you are now not seperated by being transfer or being born in Dauntless. This game also does not affect your ranking. This is a Dauntless tradition so take it seriously." Four says to us all.

"You get first pick." Four says to Eric.

"Angelica." Eric says. Im shocked he wants me.

"Mark." Four says.

"Amber."

"Zoe." Soon enough we are all into two teams and we jump off the train with our teams. I jump out of the train and land on my side, rolling. Once I stop I start laughing. I look up and in the darkness I see a hand extended out to me. I question it but take it. Im pulled up like they were picking up a piece of paper.

"Thank-," Im about to thank the person who helped me up, but then see Erics face. I brush myself off and clear my throat.

"Lets beat their sorry asses!" Eric yells. Our team cheers all except me. "Lets go." he says and we come up with a plan.