eleven

Chapter 11

---------------

I wake up in someones bed. Definitely not mine. Its more comfortable than mine. I look around and see that the whole room has furniture in it. I look over and see a door closed with light seeping out of the bottom. Someone comes out and steam pours out behind him. I close my eyes quickly so he doesnt notice. So far he hasnt.

I feel someone grab the hand that rests besides my legs.He smells good. Im pretty sure he just took a shower. I breathe in as deeply as possible without making it seem obvious. His thumb rubs back and forth on the top of my hand. Its comforting. Then the unexpected happens. Eric begins talking. His words shock me, but I still pretend to be asleep.

"I know you cant hear me which is good. I hope you wake up soon. Please dont leave. Please stay here with me." does he think I'm gonna die? "I think I might love you. Yeah that sounds about right. I love you Angelica. Please, just dont go. Please. I cant be without you." he says the words gently and I feel kind of happy. I feel a pair of soft, plush lips on my forehead and I try hard not to blush. Luckily I dont. I hear Eric leave but before he shuts the front door, he says it one more time.

"I love you. I love you so much." he whispers. The front door closes and he is gone. I open my eyes and smile to myself. I can still feel his hand in mine, and his lips on my forehead. I could still hear the warmth and loss in his voice.

For once, he seemed like a normal human being. I like that. But the worst part is, what about when I finally get up. What if he tells me he loves me again. I dont know if I love him. But the more I think about it, the more I realize I might just love this strange young man named Eric. I bury my head in his pillow, and can still smell him. I smile to myself and let my body drift off to sleep.